Wood processor build hydraulic questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoses shipped today so I should be able to have most everything piped up by the end of the week. Put a 22 inch log on here just to see what it would look like. If things go as planned should be able to test run it before the end of the month. 12690.jpeg

Attachments

• 12689.jpeg
    12689.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 39
Blade is in transport position. There is 22 inches from the arbor to the shanks on the blade. Blade will not need to go that low when being used to cut logs. If you look closely you can see it is well below the conveyor where it is now. Wanted to make sure it will still fit in an 8 foot garage door so it can be put in storage easier when it is not in my shop.​

Hoses shipped today so I should be able to have most everything piped up by the end of the week. Put a 22 inch log on here just to see what it would look like. If things go as planned should be able to test run it before the end of the month. View attachment 695469

If you had time to get it up and running?

It looks like a very beautiful set up with very much thought. I really hope you can wear it out. I am at a stand still as to how to address each issue. Cutting the logs into rounds has been the least of concern for me since it is what I can do pretty fast. Along with the concept is that the rounds are easy to transport when they are cut versas leaving them into logs. The splitter is where I am focusing right now. With some extra hydraulics and a Bobcat to facilitate the process I think it will come together. I have never has a successful system using a multi blade wedge, if I can develop a convertible system that would certainly help. Thanks

No I haven't had a chance to finish the last few things to make it run. Between work and some family stuff I just have not had the time. I will definitely post more pictures when I have some time to work on it again. Should be able to get back to it soon. Thanks all for the interest.

Oil is getting delivered today. All 110 gallons of it! Wedge just finished up getting machined yesterday. Should be able to run things this weekend to verify saw spins and all functions operate as planned. Besides wiring in gauges and my cruise control module it is almost complete. Will be posting a video of this weekend if test goes successful! Pretty stoked to be this close to getting done. Did end up over budget. I will have about 9500-10k in total project.

For some reason it will not let me upload a video. Nonetheless functions all work and I saw did cut a 12 inch log without issue. Was able to work on it a bit more this weekend and got the wedge mounted. Still need to do a spine backer on it and weld the wings but it's coming along.

Attachments

• IMG_20190407_170409272_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20190407_170409272_TOP.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20190407_170420150.jpg
    IMG_20190407_170420150.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
Lookin good. Videos work best if you upload them to YouTube and then embed them here

Back