Mulberry score!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Tree service dropped off a big load from a huge mulberry tree. Yeah, baby!

Not a good day to use a yellow wedge...

16182D77-8C38-45C3-92C1-2CB5CA57CFA6.jpeg

This is the big stuff there was another pile of smaller stuff.

255B2174-3D35-4E1A-A423-D85F30D10A50.jpeg

Ouch! Needed 15 strokes per tooth to fix that chain.

7D800175-AAD9-4D5B-B6DD-60D80C274BFF.jpeg

The gym. it was a good workout.

BF9D5DD6-4117-430D-B1EE-64F55C538D26.jpeg

NICE SCORE!! Lucky you, I had to go get the cord+ of Mulberry that I have, but it will be well worth it. Many tree services by me run a firewood side hustle, so they only get rid of "junk" wood - anything below (and including) maple on the BTU charts.

Sorry to hear about the chain. I guess I've gotten lucky so far. The only metal I have found with the saw has been bullets in the wood that I scrounged from my gun club. Copper and lead are a good bit softer than steel, but they do still take their toll. That doesn't mean that the other trees I've cut are free of nails, screws, railroad spikes, fence posts, clothesline pulleys, dog chains, etc. - only that I haven't yet found them with the saw. Perhaps it's only a matter of time....

just cut up a big mulberry, about 32 inch 10 foot up and then 5 large main secondary branches, very dusty cutting and quite hard. we had a tree service guy take it down by one of our rental properties. It was a pain in the ass since everything was dropped in a big pile(including branches) and of course cut into total anti firewood lengths. never swore so much in one day, tripping over branches, getting whipped in the face by branches, and carrying wood way to far. The dude charged us $850.00 which i think was waaaay too much but he did it right away.

Latest posts

Back