I know it's not a chainsaw but

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Stihl FS90R that I've had 4 or 5 years (?) and it's been flawless. They don't show that in their lineup anymore, but they have a FS91R which I assume is the newer version. I've been real happy with it though, and was mentioning that to a friend of mine last year saying how it starts and runs out real nice yada, yada, and his reply was "I'm done with all that gas and oil and pull starting - I bought a Stihl battery unit and it's all I ever need - simple"

About ten years ago I had arms like Popeyes. I could hear new co workers say to other co workers look at the size of his arms. Cutting with a husky 2100 did my arms good. But eight years ago prostate cancer took my muscles away. My point is I purchased the poulan pro with all the attachments and now I can’t run it. My point is buy the light weight stuff.

I’m going to try steroids next for my lower back. I haven’t had injections for a while.

I agree. I have a big brush cutter, but I like the Echo 225. When I run it every other weekend, I'm running it for 3-4 hours non stop. Bigger ones get real heavy after a while.

My property is about an acre surrounded on 3 sides with national forest takes about 2 hours every week to weed eat around the property lines,trees,kids toys etc

My property is about an acre surrounded on 3 sides with national forest takes about 2 hours every week to weed eat around the property lines,trees,kids toys etc

Oh yeah ass it is!

My reason for looking at the battery powered ones was sticking a kid on it lol.

I wish I could trust my kids but im afraid property damage or personal injury 2 girls 10 and 8 and 2 boys 4 and 2 the girls do stack wood with there mom while I split well until they get bored and vanish into the house

I'd love a bike handle version but now were getting into the high dollar territory I'd like a pro model for sure just for longevity but im sure the handle bar models are a significant step up in price

I was looking at the 56 at the dealer didnt see the handle version just the regular loop handle for 199

Oh my dealers pretty awsome I was just looking at was in stock never asked about ordering one they will def order anything I want and they always give be a fair deal I traded a ms362cm and a echo cs8000 plus 300 cash on a ms462 with a 25 bar and chain mix oil and bar oil they work with me pretty decently

The SRM-225 is so light you don't need a bike handle or a harness.
Starts like butter and power to run thick line too.
I do appreciate the larger rock guard on the Stihl though. My PPE often isn't up to snuff when I'm riding the mower and running the weedeater. When it's a hunerd plus out not only am I wearing shorts, but almost always no socks, and often teva sandals. So I tend to take the brunt of the projectiles in the lower legs and feet. Sometimes looks like I got in a fight with a pack of chihuahuas.

My 4-stroke Honda stick edger is way heavy on the powerhead end. It starts super easy.
But I think I'll have to sell it eventually, because I don't enjoy the weight. It's awkward, and too much like work.

What killed my back when three lower discs bulged I was heavy into bass fishing everyday. I switched from 5’6”/6’ bass rods to 6’6”/7’ rods making about 1,000 casts per trip I threw my back out. It started a little at first then my fishing trips became shorter as the pain grew more.

Almost all my fishing gear is medium light to ultra light spinning gear with mostly smallish lures to match. 8 or 6 pound line and 4'6" to 6' poles.
I got one slightly bigger setup for catfish and river stripers.

Latest posts

Back