Found the new 462 on display at my local Ace.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

av8or3

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was there picking up parts for another saw. Was set up in the MS461’s place, no info or pricing on display (except for the 461 stuff). Somebody bought the 461 that was there last week. I asked about ordering an air filter for my 462 and was told that they could not find the 462 parts. They are not available yet I guess. ☹️

What are they getting for a 462?
I could find nobody that knew. They did not have the sales literature up or anything. Walked by it and did a double take. I actually picked it up , had a reg weight bar on it. And it was not chained up like it should have been. Prolly just put it up.

When I bought mine it also had a reg bar on it according to the dealer the light bars are on back order all but the 28's so I had to get a regular weight 25 es bar with mine I traded in a ms362cm and an echo cs8000 plus 300 cash to get the 462 with 25 es bar and chain and a 6 pac of oil and a gallon of bar oil

When I bought mine it also had a reg bar on it according to the dealer the light bars are on back order all but the 28's so I had to get a regular weight 25 es bar with mine I traded in a ms362cm and an echo cs8000 plus 300 cash to get the 462 with 25 es bar and chain and a 6 pac of oil and a gallon of bar oil
h0w you like it so far? i'm only running a 20" bar on mine.

Been buying from same dealer since 1990 and they have always treated me right. Owner explained weight savings on 462 compared to 572 and would prefer not starting a Ford vs Chevy thread.
I have always liked Stihl and Echo, partly due to my dealer. I think you need to buy what's best for you, both price and service wise. What I think is uncalled for is bashing one brand over another.

I have always liked Stihl and Echo, partly due to my dealer. I think you need to buy what's best for you, both price and service wise. What I think is uncalled for is bashing one brand over another.
Agree, same size saws and it's more about chain (sharp and height of rakers).

Back