What size is your square file for 3/8 chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s an odd question but are these play or work chains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might help to round out the gullet to make room for the file.
I agree.
And that file will work once the OP figures out how to use it. I started out with one of those when I first started teaching myself 40 years ago. I immediately went to double-bevel chisel files and never went back. Just my experience.

The bevel file looks like it will work much better over this. The bevel on the file will work Perfect shaping the cutter. This one not so much. Got it from a stihl dealer. Seems like not many no about this triangle file so I’ll just round it or get a bevel file. I keep getting into the links trying a few months ago. I think it’s too big myself. Nothing to compare to doesn’t seem like so idk

The bevel file looks like it will work much better over this. The bevel on the file will work Perfect shaping the cutter. This one not so much. Got it from a stihl dealer. Seems like not many no about this triangle file so I’ll just round it or get a bevel file. I keep getting into the links trying a few months ago. I think it’s too big myself. Nothing to compare to doesn’t seem like so idk
They weren't saying to round file it, they were saying to use a round file to deepen the gullet a little and allow for the file to fit. Most that square file use a double bevel file. I got a dozen Stihl tri-files for less than $20 a few months back so I'm going to try and learn with them.

Yes I know he was saying that, I just figured you shouldn’t have to because it’s a square chain already.
Most I've seen that have been touched up (already square),links still get hit doing it by hand. I'm still learning myself so I don't know exactly. I know I was told that if you hitting your links alot on touch up ,your angles are of by hand

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’d like a Oregon grinder but no way I’m spending 400$ on that grinder. I’d rather get a used industrial one like the chainsaw guys. I’m old skool

I’d spend 200$ on a used one in good shape but for me 400$ isn’t worth it right now. I’m not making enough off the saws yet. And not that many people buy my cooking wood. Haven’t sold in about 3 weeks. Luckily got 1 today and possibly another.

I’d like a Oregon grinder but no way I’m spending 400$ on that grinder. I’d rather get a used industrial one like the chainsaw guys. I’m old skool
I traded a shotgun I wasn't using for mine. Now that I've gotten OK at free hand round filing I don't use it.

One option you could do is send me or bring me the chains I could get the corner and deepen the tooth on my pro sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back