288xp I just ported.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO the stihl light weight bars are the best you can buy. Plus they can swap between brands. But I’m a husky guy all the way.

These 88’s rock when there Ported. We had one with the crankcase polished and the cylinder Ported. This saw I ran in the woods to break it in. At the local fair she cleaned house in the big bore unlimited class. It was fun to get the local loggers/wood cutters to help out the community. I went every year to each local fair that had it. Plus we all put on a show.
I guess the insurance costs stopped it.

It’s nice to have full wrap handles on your felling saws. I get nervous when watching the videos on you tube when the feller has the tree half notched and walks around the tree to cut from the other side. I’m thinking if it barber chairs it’s not going to be pretty having a full wrap bar can avoid some of the dangers.

I gave my youngest son a 460 rancher first, a 570 x torq second, he likes it. Next he doesn’t know it but I have two a 181xp with a big bore kit and a 288xp one is his as soon as I hear them run. The 88 series saw is one of the best handling of the bigger cc saws.

Back