Older Husqvarna Handle repair?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
is there a fix for the cracked av mounts in the rear handle on the front mounts? I’m thinking there might be a sleeve to fix the av hole in the handle? Help? Thanks. Bill

These appear to be like cups I think with a hole on the inside so the av mount secures them in place.? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Husqvarna-480-fuel-tank-and-handle-/162896839635

PS the last info on the ignition wire extension worked great. We learn something new everyday.

Interesting... would it be worth while to put them in a saw to prevent that pocket from breaking?

Good thinking. I ordered a few. I was thinking about using epoxy to hold them in the frame solid then install the av mount. Let it harden. The cup and frame will become one solid piece.

That was a question, not a statement... none of my older Huskies are damaged like that but it could happen because I use them. Just wondering if you think it would prevent them from breaking if we put them in without it broken already.. .

Yes I do think it will prevent them from cracking if the cups are in there a head of time. I was thinking of measuring the bore and depth to see if I could find stainless tubing that would fit. Before I found the cups. Thin walled tubing would work if there not cracked yet too. I have no clue how they crack unless the saw was dropped on the front of the bar. Or pulling on the saw when it’s bound up? Normally there $11.00 each.

If we found the right size thin wall tubing we could flare the outer edge a tad and epoxy them inplace then install the av.

Devcon offers some good quality strong epoxy. I just used the devcon plastic weld on the cracked carb cover on the 2100. That’s another post.

Back