new to site! picked up a craftsman 5.2 30" bar!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys found out the problem! I did a pressure test on the saw and seals held pressure so I assumed that it would hold vacuum! Never assume anything it wouldnt even build vacuum let alone hold it! Thx marshy for talking me out of the new carb!ò00 Now new question, does anyone know what the crankshaft endplay spec is? I will post pics after it comes back from paint! Cant wait to get this beast in the wood! Thx to everyone who commented!

Ok guys found out the problem! I did a pressure test on the saw and seals held pressure so I assumed that it would hold vacuum! Never assume anything it wouldnt even build vacuum let alone hold it! Thx marshy for talking me out of the new carb!ò00 Now new question, does anyone know what the crankshaft endplay spec is? I will post pics after it comes back from paint! Cant wait to get this beast in the wood! Thx to everyone who commented!

This saw has ball bearings that should press fit in the case and on the crank. Any endplay is indicative of worn bearings. This may be the reason your seals leak. Fortunately, swapping the bearings is not terribly difficult and they should be an industry standard size.

Chris B.

Back