MS462 vs MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawNoob

Reaction score
Probably a really dumb question but do they both take the same bar?
I know they both have 12mm mounts but i bought a 30 inch sagenspezi bar for my MS462 that was labelled as a 660 bar thinking it would fit just fine but the chain that it came with doesnt seem right.
3/8 , 1.6mm, 98 dl. When i mount the bar and chain on the saw the back of the bar seems very close to the sprocket and there is not much room for tightening.
Yes i know the MS462 is usually sold with an ES light bar and im almost 100% certain the 661 will take the same bar so it would make sense that this bar i have bought should fit both, at least in my mind

Probably a really dumb question but do they both take the same bar?
I know they both have 12mm mounts but i bought a 30 inch sagenspezi bar for my MS462 that was labelled as a 660 bar thinking it would fit just fine but the chain that it came with doesnt seem right.
3/8 , 1.6mm, 98 dl. When i mount the bar and chain on the saw the back of the bar seems very close to the sprocket and there is not much room for tightening.
Yes i know the MS462 is usually sold with an ES light bar and im almost 100% certain the 661 will take the same bar so it would make sense that this bar i have bought should fit both, at least in my mind

Welcome to the Forum.
How long the sprocket don't touch the bar, you ok.
The chain will stretch anyway. But you can always add one link.
Good luck.

Back