Didier splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely!
I just spent hours carefully measuring the 6 seals in my cylinder and looking them up in the herculesus.com catalog.
But my cylinder may be different from your so you’re going to have to cross check the shape and dimensions of your seals carefully.

Also since I’ve yet to place my order at www. herculesus.com , I’m not sure what the designation of ‘10-pack’ or ‘3-pack’ means with regard the price, does it mean the listed price is multiplied by the number of seals per bag. Not sure. I only need one of each.

Here are my measurements and part numbers highlighted:
C1F694E7-538C-4DAB-843D-1AE5393DAD2F.jpeg 784341A7-8827-49C0-A04F-64F58B014B70.jpeg

This is the seal for the old Barnes hydraulic pump w 1/2” shaft, you might be able to find it cheaper than $15.
EB6911BC-8435-4889-A17D-4F19CEF7EFBC.jpeg

I’m still looking for E-clips for the inside shafts of the pump. I made gaskets by cutting them out of aluminum foil. We’ll see if this works. Hard to find parts for these old components but I’ve not given up.

Finally to disassemble the cylinder tube and ‘gland nut’ try this trick if they won’t come apart: carefully warm the outside of the steel tube with a propane torch so that you almost can’t touch it , this expands it. Also figure out how to get ice or dry ice on the aluminum gland nut to cool it and shrink it. This really work, the aluminum especially soaks up the coldness. On assembly, put the gland nut and piston in the freezer overnight and heat the tube as before.

This is what I used to replace mine, so far so good. Please keep in mind I only replaced by rod end seals not the piston seals. When I disassembled mine the seals just fell apart, so I had nothing to go off of. I ordered these based only on previous experience and measurements.

Also my splitter is a Didier Panther Model: PC26A

McMaster Carr Item 1995N46
McMaster Carr item 9452K165
McMaster Carr Item 5288T279
McMaster Carr Item 5288T186
The O-Ring Store Item: AN-17-SH 1-1/2" Rod Wiper Seal

Good Luck BWR

Attachments

• Rod End Seals.jpg
    Rod End Seals.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 18
  • S2.jpg
    S2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 15
  • S3.jpg
    S3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 13
Wow , your cylinder must have been leaking a lot before you replaced the seals. Your piston seal might be in similar condition and with a new piston seal you’d have less leakage past the piston and more power, but you probably checked all that.

Btw , do they send you a bag of 50 O rings as the minimum order?

The package quantities were a lot, but the cost was low. McMaster Carr is a little on the expensive side but I have always had good luck doing business with them.

Hello Everyone, Newbie here.
Have a Didier Panther P26A Splitter with 5hp. Brigs.
Need source for 5/8" Suction / Return Hose.

Others on this site have changed them out to what looks like Gates (RED) Multi=purpose hose, but not sure.
Hard to find as most Hydraulic shop hoses start at 3/4",

ANY Source will be appreciated !!

Thanks....

I can see getting adapter for 3/4 at the valve, but will 3/4 hose tighten enough, at the 5/8" hose barbs on the Tank and pump ?
Any Brand / type hose you recommend ?
Thanks....

Hydraulics Direct has 5/8 hose by the foot. that would be 5/8" internal diameter. Now 1/2" internal hose could be 5/8" external diameter. just to make sure the apples are not mixed with the oranges.

Thanks, I will check them out. I do understand ID over OD in Hoses.
I also was told NAPA carries a Gate "Multi-Use" 5/8" ID hose, For Oil Use, 315 PSI, that will work.

I will check BOTH Sources.

Thanks,Charlie

Can someone tell me which Didier I have? Also, it’s in need of a new hydraulic cylinder and possibly a new valve. Can you point me to the actual cylinder size needed and cheapest place to purchase? Lastly, can someone mail me the Didier manuals to [email protected]?

01254aabc0b88aeedd6e3b6f2f6b9fe9.jpg

4462f36afaade12c2a9c3b6e9efecb8e.jpg

Have Never seen a "Didier" Log splitter like that., But they made different models then most people have on this site.
I have seen Didier models with main beam off to one side, and Hyd. tank in center, such as yoursDidier unkown model.jpg .
But they have Didier labels on cylinder and tank.

Is there a Didier Label or Name plate anywhere on the splitter ?

Tag shown in photo states Roper Model W4662BR, AYP built for Roper Outdoor Power Products.
Try contacting :
AYP Lawn Equipment Parts
If you need assistance Call us toll free at 1-888-656-7278 or Direct at 205 669-2500

Found
manual for 3-point ROPER, splitter on ebay, but would not help you.

I don't believe Didier manual will help you, but Cylinder and Valve, can be purchased at most Hydraulic parts store online.

Maybe someone else will chime in here about this splitter.......

Thanks

I do not know if Shari ( wife and hubby) is still a member here as I haven't seen a post from her in quite awhile- She had a ton of info on these.

That said it is a basic hydro splitter system system. If you are having a problem please explain and one of us will like be able to help you work through it.

Hey, Blades! Yup, still here. Older but not wiser. I need some wood......... hint, hint.

If anyone needs the Didier manuals click on my name on the left and send me a private message with your email address.

Stay warm everyone!

Shari (& hubby)

Latest posts

Back