Low compression on my new Stihl MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point definitely return to Stihl and good luck I hope you get a positive result.

One of my saws is a 04/2017 ms362c with a 20” bar and full chisel chain; it runs beautifully and you can bury the bar in softwood and it doesn’t bog unless you lean on it real heavy. It will cut hardwood (English oak) of 18” dia relatively easily also without bogging. I did a cold compression test yesterday, with an accurate and appropriate tester and it was just under 110 psi which surprised me....an old Jonny 630 Super 2 I have is at 150! Saying that the 362 runs great, and has done for nearly 2 years now, maybe 110 is about right?!

Anyway, chin up fella, it can only get better and if necessary it looks like there are some good lads on here that will sort it out for you if Stihl do not

That's interesting. My saw is from Germany
  1. MS362 Sn# 18519797962

Not sure what date is was MFG

The gals in shipping here at work are going box this up for me tomorrow, that if I can get off early enough to stop at Cascade and pick up a new Stihl chain. I'm going to sent my original 25" bar and chain...plus new one chain. I just don't want any other focus other than on this powerhead.

The gals in shipping here at work are going box this up for me tomorrow, that if I can get off early enough to stop at Cascade and pick up a new Stihl chain. I'm going to sent my original 25" bar and chain...plus new one chain. I just don't want any other focus other than on this powerhead.
I wouldn't send them a new chain. Let them figure it out . Just send what you have been running on it. If they think bar/chain problem let them put a new one on. Good luck James. FS.

1. MS362 Sn# 18519797962

The date of mfg is on the rear handle sticker. This saw is a
Dec of 2008
afdefa95569c26ba699860f061fc9bdc.jpg

1. MS362 Sn# 18519797962

All the ‘modern’ Stihl saws I have ever had have had the date of manufacture on the engine side of the chain brake handle?

Like I said about 20 something pages ago, this is a dead horse . Stihl would have replaced or fixed the saw by now. BUT IT is an awful thin pancake that has only one side. Take it for what its worth

We've been working 10-12 days on this upgrade, got off at 5 little early thought I could make it over to Cascade before they closed...they close at 5. I'll have drive over to Philomath at Lunch today, I'll be damned if I buy anything from Corvallis again! I want sent another chain with this saw. I when I got home started this saw then dump the fuel and oil. The saw was already cleaned and bar is off from when I took it to Corvallis so its already. Taking this saw to work having it boxed for shipping by our shipping department. With Cascade closing at 5 most likely I won't get off in time to drop it off until Saturday. I thought about CC the cylinder at TDC just so I know if they do change out the cylinder what the different was. I did order the proper 10mm adapter with the Schrader as suggested but it hasn't arrived. Anyway it will be ready for shipment today, guess we'll see what Stihl says!

We've been working 10-12 days on this upgrade, got off at 5 little early thought I could make it over to Cascade before they closed...they close at 5. I'll have drive over to Philomath at Lunch today, I'll be damned if I buy anything from Corvallis again! I want sent another chain with this saw. I when I got home started this saw then dump the fuel and oil. The saw was already cleaned and bar is off from when I took it to Corvallis so its already. Taking this saw to work having it boxed for shipping by our shipping department. With Cascade closing at 5 most likely I won't get off in time to drop it off until Saturday. I thought about CC the cylinder at TDC just so I know if they do change out the cylinder what the different was. I did order the proper 10mm adapter with the Schrader as suggested but it hasn't arrived. Anyway it will be ready for shipment today, guess we'll see what Stihl says!
Now we are moving along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back