Resistor and Non-Resistor spark plug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When all else fails read the instructions. (owners manual for the suggested type of plug)

Also if the engine is electronic ignition I use resistor type spark plugs to reduce chance of electronic ign module failures.

Sometimes spark plugs get blamed for issues that are not really the spark plugs fault. (other problems show up later after running a new subbed plug for awhile it will fail and we don't ever hear the guy admit to these type failures)

In my 80’s Husqvarna dirtbikes with the SEM ignitions using resistor spark plugs and resistor caps will kill the SEM ignition. With chain saws and SEM ignitions I’m not sure.

Has anyone tried the Chinese spark plugs from huztl/farmtec yet? Only $0.59 on sale. I don’t use that many spark plugs.
I have one that came with a parts kit saw I ordered. I didn't use in it but the other day I was looking for a new plug to put in my old Craftsman saw I was trying to get running again. The farmertec one was the only one I had so I tried it. The plug fires and runs fine but if I hold my tach too close to it, it shuts the tach off. I don't know why but it does it every time you get closer than 3" to the plug.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yes. Well, price helps but Denso makes premium stuffs. Get yourself a box. The regular W22MPs without resistor are quite a bit shorter, if your modded saw requires it. I have boxes of both in my shop.
View attachment 730766

NGK has same kind of plug BMR7A

BMR7A on left / BPMR7A on right
ngk.jpg
RV

NGK has same kind of plug BMR7A
BMR7A on left / BPMR7A on right

RV
Agreed, the length is independent of being a resistor plug. I think you just happened to pick a short non resistor and long resistor part.

Edit: Denso long resistor W22MPRU and non resistor W22MPU. So you should be looking at those two and not W22MPRU vs W22MP which will alter the compression ratio and dome cc's.

Going to have to look more to see if they have a solid top, I like the NGK because they offer a solid top. I did not see one by Denso yet.

Genuine Made in Japan NGK #6703 are only $1.32/ea at RockAuto. Way cheaper than from the dealer. So affordable there is no need to worry about resistor and non-resistor.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ngk,6703,spark+plug,7212

Ordered from rockauto, plugs not made in japan, no "japan" text in the plug, box claims " made in brasil ". Now the price makes sense :(
http://www.ngkntk.com.br/institucional/en/teste-1-titulo-para-post-imprensa/

Ordered denso w22mpr-u also from rockauto, they have " japan " on the plug & box..... :)
RV
edit: link added

Latest posts

Back