McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, I could buy two (or four?) whole MiniMacs for the price if this condenser! The 85358 should do the trick if the lead is long enough for the mounting location. 61650 was also widely used after the 50074 which is what was used on the old large frame saws.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-McCU...c10-10-SP60-70-80-PM6-SP81-NOS-OEM/1103557331

I looked at the condenser on sleazebay and my original has the cmc stamped in the end not a number sooo.. I wouldn't buy it anyway.

If you have a MiniMac laying around...

Many folks would suggest the only good thing about a MiniMac is the condenser. Just think about how many good condensers have been tossed because someone flooded a MiniMac and threw it away..., or were thoroughly embarrassed in front of their buddies by not being able to figure out how to get one apart and just junked it proclaiming, "Stupid saw!"

AGREED! I have a 130 that runs very well ,but it took alot of tinkering.

Haha hope it all goes well is it much different to your other cp125? Looks like it didn't see much work or he was kind to it atleast
Ran the cp125 today!! Got half a tank thru. Cutting cherry. 16 to 18 inch. Nothing huge. It pulls very hard. As everyone has ever experienced knows. I got a final tune up and boy it runs great. I did have a hiccup. 2nd cut about half thru it quit. Just died. Took it home and checked and had no spark. With a chip in it i knew it was that. Cover off and found the screw holding it in place was gone. It also meant it wasnt grounded. I put the ground in a better place and remounted the chip where the condensor would normally be. Perfect fit. Went back out and final tuned it. Runs great and is very strong. What an awesome saw to hang onto.

Ran the cp125 today!! Got half a tank thru. Cutting cherry. 16 to 18 inch. Nothing huge. It pulls very hard. As everyone has ever experienced knows. I got a final tune up and boy it runs great. I did have a hiccup. 2nd cut about half thru it quit. Just died. Took it home and checked and had no spark. With a chip in it i knew it was that. Cover off and found the screw holding it in place was gone. It also meant it wasnt grounded. I put the ground in a better place and remounted the chip where the condensor would normally be. Perfect fit. Went back out and final tuned it. Runs great and is very strong. What an awesome saw to hang onto.

Awesome Vinny I can only imagine how hard those things pull really happy for you what a beast

I ran my SP125 today cutting up a nice ash log. Not really big enough to require the 36" bar except when I took another slice off extra tall stump they left. I was only helping cut up the stuff they had already dropped, I was not involved with modifying the fence...

20190415_142843.jpg

20190415_143254.jpg

Between the ash and a large maple they took down out at the street, I brought home one truck/trailer load on Saturday and two truck/trailer loads today.

20190415_122407.jpg

I used the 044 Stihl again today as well as the PM850. As I noted before, the 044 will be up for sale, the PM850 will stay with me and get used.

20190415_174711.jpg

I am getting a good jump on the wood supply for the next couple of years.

20190415_174728.jpg

Mark

Yeah I'd say the same thing but they look real good and just like an old car it'll usually get some spark just sh#@$%tty...
I'm not get even a flash off the plug.
I've found the opposite on these, they will look fine but you get no spark at all. At this point, I either replace them with NOS or use a chip. Verify the points are contacting reliably with an ohm meter prior to putting it back together or you will likely be back in there. I have personally never had a bad coil on one of these. My 1-52s coil is full of cracks and my 440s actually has chunks missing out of it but they both work flawlessly.

I've found the opposite on these, they will look fine but you get no spark at all. At this point, I either replace them with NOS or use a chip. Verify the points are contacting reliably with an ohm meter prior to putting it back together or you will likely be back in there. I have personally never had a bad coil on one of these. My 1-52s coil is full of cracks and my 440s actually has chunks missing out of it but they both work flawlessly.

Ok I'll get new points, hell in for a penny and all that. Points are cheap enuff.

hadnt been around here in a while had some family stuff to handle but finally got my 795 running right this afternoon put my 200 carb on it only had to bend the use to be primer pump rod just and i through that axe pic in there because its the first handle ive done and i just really like that axe 0418191826.jpg0418191826a.jpg0418191828.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Nice saw and axe Kevin good to have you around again. Got an axe to do myself bet it's a good feeling getting it just right I'd be showing it off too hahaView attachment 731084
thanks man nice to feel like playing with the macs again missed talking saw business to and thats a really nice axe can i have it[emoji16] i almost got mine right forgot to fit it to the handle first in my excitement to see how it would look so there's some white showing near the axe

Nice saw and axe Kevin good to have you around again. Got an axe to do myself bet it's a good feeling getting it just right I'd be showing it off too hahaView attachment 731084
If my memory serves me right, those hultafors axe handles are just about an exact fit for 4 1/2 pound HB axes..should not take too much for a great hafting.

thanks man nice to feel like playing with the macs again missed talking saw business to and thats a really nice axe can i have it[emoji16] i almost got mine right forgot to fit it to the handle first in my excitement to see how it would look so there's some white showing near the axe

Ahh I see well you could redo it 1 day if it annoys you enough. And no you can not lol I waited months for an HB to show up

If my memory serves me right, those hultafors axe handles are just about an exact fit for 4 1/2 pound HB axes..should not take too much for a great hafting.

Well spotted yes that's exactly why I got that handle I couldn't find a decent handle locally and thought bugger it why not get the actual handle designed for the eye. It's only a boys axe but a perfect chainsaw axe really

Ahh I see well you could redo it 1 day if it annoys you enough. And no you can not lol I waited months for an HB to show up

Well spotted yes that's exactly why I got that handle I couldn't find a decent handle locally and thought bugger it why not get the actual handle designed for the eye. It's only a boys axe but a perfect chainsaw axe really
well i had to ask[emoji56]..i will just wait until i wear that one out but it does annoy me [emoji38]

Here are the two axes that usually accompany my MACs. The little Husky is for chopping out a stuck saw - thankfully it is seldom used for that purpose. The 5# Plumb is for pounding wedges.

IMG_4267-001.JPG

I sorted through dozens of handles for the Plumb. I couldn't find a decent straight handle so I used a regular axe handle. I cut it to length and serrated the end for a better grip. The notch just above the serrations is where I accidentally hit it with an idling PM800 - a reminder that any moving chain can hurt you bad. I am debating how to best color/flag it (so I can see it better in the woods) without messing up its good looks. Current thinking is a hole in the handle like the Husky with some blue flagging tape.

Ron

Back