Low compression on my new Stihl MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still say the compression is wrong.
It would be a higher reading with a proper fitting for the 10 mm cylinder thread. When playing with squish measurements a few mm makes a big difference in compression readings which directly transfers to volume, add volume and compression readings drop, decrease and rises. Just deleting the base gasket raises the compression 10 lbs so just imagine what a hollow cylinder attached to the cylinder head would cause the comp to drop. From what I have seen on this thread alone it would seem about 40 lbs comp drop.

While JD/Stihl may not replace the unit... they can return it to you cutting properly and that’s ultimately what you wanted when you put your money on the counter.

It’s hard, when emotions are in play..
You do a lot of wishing for resolutions to go a certain way, what could I have done different, what should the Dealer do for me etc...

My hope for you is for Stihl to be Stihl.
For your trust not to be misplaced; for you to have a saw that’s well... a saw.

I haven’t needed to buy a saw in a while. It’s because there’s one in the garage that starts and runs when I need it to. It cuts right, it feels right.

I’d like for your 362 to be that way for you. ... Here’s hopin’

I started reading/lurking on this thread from its beginning. Now I can't get away from it. I feel like a pervert. I'm so ashamed. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
While JD/Stihl may not replace the unit... they can return it to you cutting properly and that’s ultimately what you wanted when you put your money on the counter.

It’s hard, when emotions are in play..
You do a lot of wishing for resolutions to go a certain way, what could I have done different, what should the Dealer do for me etc...

My hope for you is for Stihl to be Stihl.
For your trust not to be misplaced; for you to have a saw that’s well... a saw.

I haven’t needed to buy a saw in a while. It’s because there’s one in the garage that starts and runs when I need it to. It cuts right, it feels right.

I’d like for your 362 to be that way for you. ... Here’s hopin’
To Wgtownsend.dont be ashamed lots of saw perverts on here,I myself have an orange & white german fetish, some have an orange Swede, heck I have even seen a few with an orange Japanese e-ho fetish

Dropped off at Cascade for shipment at noon today.
imag4823-jpg.722620

It would be a higher reading with a proper fitting for the 10 mm cylinder thread. When playing with squish measurements a few mm makes a big difference in compression readings which directly transfers to volume, add volume and compression readings drop, decrease and rises. Just deleting the base gasket raises the compression 10 lbs so just imagine what a hollow cylinder attached to the cylinder head would cause the comp to drop. From what I have seen on this thread alone it would seem about 40 lbs comp drop.
It drives people that dont know this nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back