Please identify These saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried googling lightning bolt chainsaws, and chainsaw with L for logo, couldn’t find squat. I know that’s not the answer your looking for, but one thing is for certain, someone here will know. Some of These guys have soooo much experience in the saw world.

Is there any other identifying marks? On older saws sometimes there is a model plate in the air cleaner box, for example mcculloch does this in which it’s affixed to a bolt.

I tried googling lightning bolt chainsaws, and chainsaw with L for logo, couldn’t find squat. I know that’s not the answer your looking for, but one thing is for certain, someone here will know. Some of These guys have soooo much experience in the saw world.

Is there any other identifying marks? On older saws sometimes there is a model plate in the air cleaner box, for example mcculloch does this in which it’s affixed to a bolt.
Thank you, I have searched "L" Logos with "Lightning Bold" on logos, searched vintage saws on ebay and google to no avail. I believe I have seen a picture posted here before but that was a long time ago. Thanks for your input.

They look like some of the Skilsaws I have owned before...

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...ffc9da29de73917d88256b5400506f55?OpenDocument

The serial number are eleven numbers different from one another. Were probably purchased together. SN G 8228 Found hidden away in a old wooden crate I opened hoping to find gold bars.

The actual manufacturer of those top handles are Frontier Chainsaws out of British Columbia, Canada. They were re branded across many brands. Pioneer, Partner, Skil, Husqvarna, Jonsered and many more. They were gobbled up by Electrolux at some point in the 70s-80s.

EMAB stands for Electrolux Motors AB

Latest posts

Back