"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be awesome fun helping clear out old closed down dealers inventories but it became a double edged sword when all the accumulated junk,..er ,parts and saws required ever increasing number of buildings to store said items in. Did find some great finds so likely wouldn`t turn down the next opportunity to come along, just hoard less, ya right....LOL

It used to be awesome fun helping clear out old closed down dealers inventories but it became a double edged sword when all the accumulated junk,..er ,parts and saws required ever increasing number of buildings to store said items in. Did find some great finds so likely wouldn`t turn down the next opportunity to come along, just hoard less, ya right....LOL
Just think one day that's what someone will say about all our crap:laughing:.

I picked this up a few weeks ago for cheap. It's a never fueled 2009 455 Rancher. Was missing some parts but as good member forwarded me a top cover and recoil. I found a new OEM clutch cover on ebay and it's complete! Now what do I do with it...?[emoji848]
6757d1686c71edf2bb2802c49fba77b6.jpg
e4373857bdac93593af5035f9e19db56.jpg
eaeeaf65abcc2049cc8430266fe35f66.jpg
cf34f948cc68d75a767b64dd44a6f209.jpg
c2c79500ff2b5d16234b5e864f1513db.jpg

CL it "NOS Rancher"
Neighbor needs a saw so that's where it will probably end up. When. I got the recoil I fueled it up pushed the purge bulb about 6 times and she fired on the 4th pull! First pull last night. I'll see if I have a bar to fit it and get it in some wood on Sunday or Monday.

Neighbor needs a saw so that's where it will probably end up. When. I got the recoil I fueled it up pushed the purge bulb about 6 times and she fired on the 4th pull! First pull last night. I'll see if I have a bar to fit it and get it in some wood on Sunday or Monday.
I probably have a bar I could send if you don't.

Not a saw, but my firewood rig. Finally talked my dad out of his “extra” truck. ‘76 scottsdale, 4 speed manual, super low geared. 55,300 original miles! The doors close tight, not a single rattle in the truck. He bought it from a guy he knew back home that towed his boat a few times a year from leavenworth to lake chelan. Parked it in the orchard so it has the typical fender/floor/door rot. Came with a western snow plow, new floor and kick panels and the steel for the lumber rack. $2,000. Built the rack and swapped out the chrome rear bumper for the steel step one, new tires and a rear posi so far. Probably be the only “classic car” i’ll be able to afford. It’s gonna get some serious attention over the next year or two.

Attachments

• 79154D34-4BEB-4106-AFBD-B9E5AE4CAE4A.jpeg
    79154D34-4BEB-4106-AFBD-B9E5AE4CAE4A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
  • DD534615-BB68-4FCE-9E37-E87AA1B88E2E.jpeg
    DD534615-BB68-4FCE-9E37-E87AA1B88E2E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 56
Well..... on Tuesday I got an email from my friendly local Stihl dealer that went like this:

'Morning Mark,
We have a older MS 441 here that has been written off by the customers insurance company.
I’m not sure why it has been written off as the piston looks fine. It has been sitting here for over a year.
Happy for you to take it if you want it.'

Needless to say I replied in the affirmative!

After refitting the muffler and top cover I tried the saw this morning and found it wouldn't idle....'L' screw was wound right in! After a few adjustments, it runs perfectly, all I need is a bar! It's a '09 model that looks like it's only done a few hours work.

Total Cost......$0

20190417_212530_resized.jpg 20190417_212541_resized.jpg 20190417_212546_resized.jpg

Biggest you suck so far this year in my opinion!

Well..... on Tuesday I got an email from my friendly local Stihl dealer that went like this:

'Morning Mark,
We have a older MS 441 here that has been written off by the customers insurance company.
I’m not sure why it has been written off as the piston looks fine. It has been sitting here for over a year.
Happy for you to take it if you want it.'

Needless to say I replied in the affirmative!

After refitting the muffler and top cover I tried the saw this morning and found it wouldn't idle....'L' screw was wound right in! After a few adjustments, it runs perfectly, all I need is a bar! It's a '09 model that looks like it's only done a few hours work.

Total Cost......$0

View attachment 731713 View attachment 731714 View attachment 731715

Don't know much about it other than my uncle gave it to me tonight. It is missing the carburetor but hopefully I can find one and get it running

I have a carburetor that should work for you. I’ll send you pictures. $10 shipped for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back