Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it to 62, never thought I would or I would have taken better care of myself.(no) I am collecting survivors benefits from my wife. Not much because I still work part time but enough to pay for the new tractor. Will switch to mine if I reach 65 and will not matter how much I work. Thanks every one for the happy birthday wishes.

I'll know when I fill up if the computer is about right, but it may be a while … it has a 23 gal tank. I will also replace the regular with 93 octane and see
I'll know when I fill up if the computer is about right, but it may be a while … it has a 23 gal tank. I will also replace the regular with 93 octane and see if that changes things.
Holy cow, mine has a 36 gallon tank. I let it get down to where the low fuel indicator said I had 3 miles to empty. It still only took 32 gallons, meaning I had 4 gallons in reserve. I don't think I can afford to run hightest, ill try mid grade first. Here's a pic.20190101_102302.jpg

You can't trust what your truck computer is telling you about mileage. I figure my mileage every tank full by dividing the miles driven by the gallons used and invariably come up with 10% less than what it says I got. Check yours that way and I bet you will get the same results.
I always do the math. I got in a big argument with my diesel VW. The computer said I was getting 55 mpg. My math had it at 38. Argued with the dealer every time I took it in for oil change. I won in the end. I paid $23,000 for it new. Drove it for 4 years and 84,000 miles, and they bought it back for $21,300. I guess I was right about the diesel being screwed up.

Anyways, this truck has been dead on with the computer and my math.

Mine too. I hand calculated enough times to trust it. Also have a 36 gallon tank. Here in the People's Republic of Ontario, hehe, it costs your firstborn to fill it up!
The 6.5' bed will hold 1.5 facecord or half a full cord. That's stacked and mounded but safely where you don't lose any.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

You guys and your short beds. :D

They almost don't make them anymore. You won't find one a used car lot or if you do it will be attached to a 4 door cab.

It is possible to order what I call a Work Truck. Single seat, 8' bed. I refuse to drive what I call a '***** truck' all dolled up, short bed, jacked up 10', etc.

Guy came to get a load of wood in his new truck. Just as I describe above. The bed hit me just below chest level "I bought it to haul wood". I almost fell over laughing.

Mine too. I hand calculated enough times to trust it. Also have a 36 gallon tank. Here in the People's Republic of Ontario, hehe, it costs your firstborn to fill it up!
The 6.5' bed will hold 1.5 facecord or half a full cord. That's stacked and mounded but safely where you don't lose any.

I have an eight foot dump trailer so my bed will seldom see wood. But, I probably have half a cord of tools in it.

I have an eight foot dump trailer so my bed will seldom see wood. But, I probably have half a cord of tools in it.
Get a good hardtop cover for that bed Joe and you won't have to worry about people wirh sticky fingers. They are not cheap but worth every penny.

I have a trifold hard tonneau that keeps honest folks honest. A determined thief could get in but it gives a measure of security.

I put an EX-tang on mine. I liked the girl in the bikini sitting on a 4 wheeler on top of the cover in the ad they had at the shop
Where I bought mine .:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back