Calling it quits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I am done with firewood for the season. Finished Thursday, got the mess cleaned up yesterday.

Just in time, golfing is in full swing and we play 18 holes every day and the 680 apple trees are now requiring attention. The first spray went on yesterday and the will need another by mid week. I didn't measure but only have about 20 cord this year, the snow got deep and it was cold. However snowmobiling was a blast.

The last pic is what I call "board or plank split". Large pieces that are thin have a lot of surface area and it dries quicker than wedge shaped pieces.

epqdex.jpg

2nrj8jn.jpg

v67nya.jpg

21ak2lu.jpg

2ptclcm.jpg

This year sucked for me. The weather did not cooperate and I did not cut what I normally do. Also it was 76 3 days ago and I've been burning for the last 2 days. I want to call it quits on the whole thing. Bad cutting season and endless burning season. Buy more propane and call it quits...ugh cant do it.

Looks real good. Just got past mud season here for the most part so I am just getting in gear myself. Dont cut much in the winter, rather battle heat than snow. Call me crazy.

I split a lot of planks with my SS. They do dry nicely.

We must be related because I am the same way. Get 'er done in t-shirt weather.

How big of a home do you heat? Always amazing me people that burn so much wood over the course of a winter. I use about a 1/4 of that wood.

I'm right there along with u. If I were home all the time then i would probably heat only with wood but only heating nights and weekends keeps me under 3 cord a year and 1 tank of lp. I think a lot of people burn that in a few months.

Looking good man!
I'm still behind, but better than previous years.

Enjoy golfing season!

Just got back from the course. BTW, there is nothing enjoyable about golfing.:dumb2: If one needs more frustration in life, it is a wonderful source.:rolleyes:

If you are a serious golfer, you will understand this, it is something one will NEVER master, even Tiger Woods.

Been done for a few weeks now, I think I lit the stove last about 2 weeks ago, which was a first in about 10 days prior. Now I'm back at my annual erosion control/forestry/landscaping routine. Guys at work constantly get on my to join them for tee times... but I'm always too busy. Being in your late 30's and you don't watch sports or play golf as a passtime... I might as well be from outer space!

I have too many hobbies as it is, don't need another. I barely have enough time for the ones I enjoy.

I burn about 7-8 cords per year and stay a couple years ahead at all times......cut year around.
My brother is a logger so have many places to cut.

I'd rather cut wood than play golf. Lol
Never played and never had time.

I burn at 12 face cord per season, I heat with wood only. our back up heat is a Ashley setting in a corner of the dinning room. I cut in the winter but it gets cut where it fell and isn't gathered till about Sept till fall rainy season starts.

Must be nice to be over mud season, we have went thru mud season to a couple inches of standing water every where except porch steps and porch under the roof.

:D Al

Back