Elvex Chainsaw Pants??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmctyphoon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
First, not sure where to post this question, so mods please move in necessary.

Does anyone have any experience with Elvex saw pants? They look good in pictures and on paper, but can’t find any reviews.

I currently use huskys tech chaps and like them a lot, but they are a little warm and bulky. Plus my dad needs chaps so I figured I’d give him the huskys and I’d buy something different. We cut for firewood and clearing our 90 acres. So alot of walking, was thinking pants would be more comfortable than another pair of chaps.

Thanx for any and all input!

Robert-De-Niro-Clap.gif

So clearly this is in the wrong section, where should I ask this question?

Does anyone have any experience with Elvex saw pants? They look good in pictures and on paper, but can’t find any reviews.

I currently use huskys tech chaps and like them a lot, but they are a little warm and bulky. Plus my dad needs chaps so I figured I’d give him the huskys and I’d buy something different. We cut for firewood and clearing our 90 acres. So alot of walking, was thinking pants would be more comfortable than another pair of chaps.
I have never heard of Elvex, but you say you find your current chaps warm and bulky and are "thinking pants would be more comfortable than another pair of chaps."

If anything, I think you would find pants to be warmer. It is always warm here so I wear chaps with short pants to provide a little ventilation on the backs of my legs for cooling. It may not be a lot of exposed skin area, but every little bit helps. If I will not be cutting for several minutes I take the chaps off to help cool down. If I had pants I think it would be more difficult to get them on and off, especially to get them over boots, so I would be more likely to keep them on, sweat profusely, and become dehydrated.

As for being bulky, that is likely to depend more on the number of layers than whether you have chaps or pants.

I just wanted to update this thread for anyone searching.

I did purchase the Elvex chainsaw protection pants. They look very well made, and are also a good looking pant.

The Husqvarna Tech chaps I used to wear were very bulky in my opinion. They also were very warm and uncomfortable by the middle of the day. I cut mostly in rocky wooded areas, and the chaps were cumbersome when trying to climb over stuff.

The Elvex pants are very comfortable. Not “light weight”, but didn’t make me sweat as much as the chaps. The biggest thing is that they feel like regular pants when on, well maybe like ski or snowboard pants. And I don’t mind wearing them thru out the day in the woods when not cutting.

I would recommend them. But I have also never worn any other chainsaw pants to compare them too.

Back