Best Rope for Pulling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this how you tie your bowline for the pulley attachment? http://www.animatedknots.com/bowlinebight/index.php

Can you attach the block to just one of the loops? With the rigging block I'm using, I don't think there would be room for two loops in it.
Yes, that knot is correct. I would recommend using a clevis shackle to attach your block to the bowline, instead of just going around one loop. You can pick up a 3 ton shackle for around ten bucks and its well worth it.

I am an architecture. I am using Blue Ox 24-Strand Arborist Bull Rope for pulling large and strong tree work. It is having tensile strength around 20,000 pounds, 34x6x6 inches. It is easy on the hand. This rope is 150 feet long and weights around 35to 40 pounds.

I am an architecture. I am using Blue Ox 24-Strand Arborist Bull Rope for pulling large and strong tree work. It is having tensile strength around 20,000 pounds, 34x6x6 inches. It is easy on the hand. This rope is 150 feet long and weights around 35to 40 pounds.
What does the 34x6x6 inches mean?
What is the diameter?

Latest posts

Back