Wife wants a chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as a guy who taught his wife to drive manual transmission car , yes she loves it after the fact , but if there was a driving school that taught that it might have been a wise investment.

maybe send her to a saw safety class attend with her then let her pick what ever she wants with in the must have a servicing dealer near by.

as for guns absolutely what ever they like only thing is I would pick a standard caliber so that your not buying an oddball cartridge. go to a range that rents and handle and shoot all she can.

if your wife wanted you dead they don't need a gun , and this is the 21st century they would just divorce you and avoid prison time and probably take you for 10 years maintenance payments also.

...for her birthday. What would you do? She used to have a little Homelite top handle with a 12” bar. She cut about 300 little cedars when we first bought this place. But that was 27 years ago. She is a breast cancer survivor and has osteoporosis and neuropathy.
I was thinking a Stihl MS 150 or 193. I would have to break it in for her, of course.
buy her a good one maby she would cut all the firewood for you

That's never made sense to me.

Cutting on the ground is infinitely easier than in a tree.

I agree, I don't understand the disdain for Top Handles, use the same COMMON SENSE, that you Should be using with ANY Chainsaw, and you shouldn't have any troubles.

Top Handles are a Useful Tool, just understand HOW to Use that Tool, even on the ground there are times when a Top Handle is the better choice. It's just a matter of knowing your tools, their capabilities and Limitations, and the work that you are doing, then picking the Right Tool for the Job, sometimes that will be a Top Handle.

Doug :cheers:

Like when the wife wants her own pistol....
Take her to the store and leave her alone. Let her work with the sales guy to find what she is comfortable with and what fits her. What she chooses may not be your preference, but you're not the person running it.

While there, if she doesn't already have some, get her some PPE that fits her properly.

Then, just pay the bill.

My wife wanted a .22 pistol for her birthday one year. We went to the gun store and I was showing her the rugers and buckmarks and such, she wasn't having it. She asked me and the sales guy what about the beretta neos in the case, my first response was it looked kinda of goofy. You know what pistol she ended up choosing? to this day she would refer to it as her goofy gun and that was probably 10 years ago. Bobby Kirbos hit the nail on the head.

Back