Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, your problems could very well be related to the fuel injectors. The owners manual says it will run on regular, but will run better on high test (more power), especially when towing or in hot weather. I plan to run mine on high test full time.

I would fill it with high test, and add some injector cleaner and see what happens. These direct injection engines often have very sensitive injectors.
Mike, I called the dealer today and they said to bring it in without the trailer(of course), then they would take it for a 4-5 mile test run and see what the computer said it was getting. I mentioned the premium fuel thing and she said NO. She said the factory calls for regular and they can not recommend any thing else. I said my friend said it was in the manual. She said, NO, the factory specifies regular. I know my 01 Tahoe specified regular, but they explained why. The Chevy was a lower compression engine, and premium has more carbon in it. the lower compression ratio won't burn all of the carbon and it will start to build up. Anyway, I'll drop the trailer over the weekend and see what it does. I went to WV again yesterday, and it came up from 13 MPG to 15.

That tree is kicking my butt. Getting 5-6 noodled chunks per round, even in my prime I couldn’t have lifted those rounds.
On behalf of most of us downunder, 'welcome to our world'. Tried out my leg for the first time in a week yesterday. Did so on a local job so I could pull the pin if leg couldn't handle the jandle. With my tractor two hrs away I had to noodle chunks and lift them to the splitter. Bugger that. My leg is the only thing not sore this morning ;-)

A tractor sure takes the work out of work.

Mike, I called the dealer today and they said to bring it in without the trailer(of course), then they would take it for a 4-5 mile test run and see what the computer said it was getting. I mentioned the premium fuel thing and she said NO. She said the factory calls for regular and they can not recommend any thing else. I said my friend said it was in the manual. She said, NO, the factory specifies regular. I know my 01 Tahoe specified regular, but they explained why. The Chevy was a lower compression engine, and premium has more carbon in it. the lower compression ratio won't burn all of the carbon and it will start to build up. Anyway, I'll drop the trailer over the weekend and see what it does. I went to WV again yesterday, and it came up from 13 MPG to 15.
Pulled this load home today with the F250. 6.2L Green oak . Around 14 mpg till I hit the bottom of the hill and dropped to 13.9
20190424_122907.jpg 20190424_122847.jpg

Back