Adjusting stihl 461 with stihl edt9

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed198899

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 461 and a stihl edt9 tachometer. I would like to adjust carb to fine tune it to make sure it’s set up right. I recently put on the double port exhaust cap. I tried to adjust carb so far with tachometer and the numbers are constantly changing is that normal and what are the average rpms it should be set at 2500 and 13500. Thanks for any help

I recently purchased a 461 and a stihl edt9 tachometer. I would like to adjust carb to fine tune it to make sure it’s set up right. I recently put on the double port exhaust cap. I tried to adjust carb so far with tachometer and the numbers are constantly changing is that normal and what are the average rpms it should be set at 2500 and 13500. Thanks for any help

Chainsaw forum... little farther down,

however the tachometer is kinda useless on the 461 as it has a limited coil, so it will hit 13000-13500 regardless of how lean it gets, if memory serves 13,500 is the factory max, but they tend to wobble a bit

Tuning by ear and sight has served me well, should be plenty zippy on throttle mash with good power up to the rev limit where it four strokes, but does not smoke excessively under load, check yer plug too, make sure it has that coffee and cream color to it.

Latest posts

Back