Farmertec Ms440 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got most of it togeather last night!
Tried to fire it up, but wasn't getting fuel.
It seems like its in the carburetor. I know MustangMike warned he had carb issues.
I ordered one from Amazon prime that had good reviews for $11, so when that comes Friday I'll give it a try.
I was able to squirt a bit of mixed gas into the carb and get it to start and run for 5 or 10 seconds.
Overall pretty happy with it!
efa3e8b57b3bebc69aaf8b514cc2e30d.jpg
d85fac5a515cacb617b9bb44ec8a56cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Go through their carb. I have done several of the 440 carbs where I took the Huztl 440 carb, and a Huztl 361 carb, swapped over the controls and external parts and made up the 440 body to fit perfectly in 361s. They are not bad carbs, but may need to be gone through right off. Vacuum test your saw! All it takes is a bad pulse line and it won't matter how good the carb is. Vac and pressure test the fuel line and tank. Disassemble the carb and make sure the needle valve is correct, the lever is right, and the diaphragm and gasket is set up in the right order.

Well, I was going to attempt going through the Farmertec carb, but when I took it apart, the spring by the needle lever went flying across the garage, never to be found again! I'll keep it around if I ever need parts from it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I tried the $11 Amazon carb on a customer's Husq 466. More trouble than that was worth, let me tell ya. Ended up rebuilding the one the customer had already self rebuilt. Shoulda done that in the first place.

Well, my $11 carb came today, I installed it on the saw and it started in 3 or 4 pulls!
Set the idle and tweeted the h and L screws and think I have it pretty close. I have it intentionally set a bit rich during break in.
Thing seems to run great so far.
Raining today, may do some test cuts tomorrow if weather is decent.

I took it out and spent about a half an hour chunking up some locust logs I felled last year.
It ran well and seemed to have decent power for a new saw ,still breaking in.
The Laser bar and Carlton chain seemed to cut nicely also! That Locust is hard stuff so it's a pretty good test.

I took it out and spent about a half an hour chunking up some locust logs I felled last year.
It ran well and seemed to have decent power for a new saw ,still breaking in.
The Laser bar and Carlton chain seemed to cut nicely also! That Locust is hard stuff so it's a pretty good test.

Nice one, glad you got it sorted !

Well I ran it over an hour total, ran real good.
Should probably lean out the carb some, it's pretty rich at the moment.
One small, but annoying thing is the choke control shaft seems to bind on the carb choke shaft. You have to push down on it so hard you feel like you might break it.
Might spring for an oem shaft/lever.

So far the only parts I bought oem were the piston pin circlips and piston pin needle bearing ($15 for all those).

Even the Farmertec sparkplug is in there and working fine. Although after break in when I lean the carb back out, I will probably put an NGK plug in it!

Well, to update on Huztl. They did end up shipping me the 440 case, since my shipment contained a 460 case.
So they did make it right, it just took a while.
I already swapped the 460 case for a 440, so I have an extra 440 case now.
Huztl didn't ask for the wrong one back, probably shipping is cost prohibitive.

Back