Openning transfers on 365 special

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Adams

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Heard about this being done.
Any words of wisdom for the correct way of doing it? Got a friend that has one, and hes interested in pepping it up a bit.pics would help.

Heard the 365 spl could be modded to perform close to a 372 with some work. Arent they basically the same displament etc?
I know it wouldnt be exactly the same as the pro saw, but good gains from factory specs.

Brad, thats what I'm looking for. Tell me if he can use the stock cylinder, or if a 372 cyl and piston needs to be substituted.

Maybe I misunderstood. I remember reading thru part of a thread that mentioned openning the transfers up on the 365. It might have Been an XP instead of a special. Not sure of the differences.
If there is a way to do this, id like for someone thats done it to give me a little advice on what to take out and how. Im fairly ignorant on porting. I get the basics, but it seems to be somewhat complicated to get right.
Last thing I want to do is ruin a perfectly good cylinder.

A special is already an xp. It's just terminology. I think by opening up the transfers, he meant matching them to the case. A properly ported 365 special or xp will blow away a stock 372 and nearly run with a ported 372. It all just depends on how aggressive the port work is on either

A special is already an xp. It's just terminology. I think by opening up the transfers, he meant matching them to the case. A properly ported 365 special or xp will blow away a stock 372 and nearly run with a ported 372. It all just depends on how aggressive the port work is on either
There is your answer, send it to Kevin. Make sure it is spotless before shipping.

Maybe I misunderstood. I remember reading thru part of a thread that mentioned openning the transfers up on the 365. It might have Been an XP instead of a special. Not sure of the differences.
If there is a way to do this, id like for someone thats done it to give me a little advice on what to take out and how. Im fairly ignorant on porting. I get the basics, but it seems to be somewhat complicated to get right.
Last thing I want to do is ruin a perfectly good cylinder.
You read about turning a 365 xtorq into a 372 xtorq by grinding out the transfer cover. The 365 special is not the same. It will need porting and will smoke a stock 372 if done right.

Latest posts

Back