Stihl Multipurpose Grease

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a tin of Valvoline wheel bearing grease that I've had for years and years. The stuff is the best. Holds up very well.

It's gotta be at least 20 yrs. old. The stuff is still good. And I've got about 3/4 of a tin left.

I’ve got some of the same stuff. Some regular amber colored stuff, and some that’s red colored...supposed to be hi-temp for disc brakes.

I had tried to find some info on grease in a few other threads, and that left me thinking that it was some kind of sin to use anything other than the factory lube...

I’ve got some of the same stuff. Some regular amber colored stuff, and some that’s red colored...supposed to be hi-temp for disc brakes.

I had tried to find some info on grease in a few other threads, and that left me thinking that it was some kind of sin to use anything other than the factory lube...

The factories / dealers would like you to think that it was a sin to use anything other than what they sold.

The tubes are good for filling brushcutter gearbox's & hedge trimmer gearbox as you screw the thread into the box. But its expensive so I refill mine and use a mini grease gun for nose sprockets. Best to buy bulk & use the same grease and not mix imo.

Latest posts

Back