Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get to it. Need to get that testosterone flowing and run some saws. Gets rid of that cabin fever. [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also the evidence suggests that your testicles (and old fella) shrink if you don't run a saw often enough :eek:.

We had a cold front go through yesterday and I've had a chance to burn some of that locust I picked up. Man, it seems ashy. By weight it seems comparable to my other stuff but it's just caked in white ash as it burns. Is that what it does in the northern hemisphere? Maybe it is different down here or maybe it picks up more non-combustible minerals in our particular area, who knows.

Blue gum is pretty ashy too and I think that helps it burn longer than less ashy species of the same density like red gum since the ash coating slows oxygen access to the combustible material underneath. But then you have the ash build up in the heater that pi$$es me off :nofunny:. I plan to put a peppermint round in beside a locust round in the morning to compare and will report back. In fact, I might try a few different species comparisons for interest's sake.

Also the evidence suggests that your testicles (and old fella) shrink if you don't run a saw often enough :eek:.

We had a cold front go through yesterday and I've had a chance to burn some of that locust I picked up. Man, it seems ashy. By weight it seems comparable to my other stuff but it's just caked in white ash as it burns. Is that what it does in the northern hemisphere? Maybe it is different down here or maybe it picks up more non-combustible minerals in our particular area, who knows.

Blue gum is pretty ashy too and I think that helps it burn longer than less ashy species of the same density like red gum since the ash coating slows oxygen access to the combustible material underneath. But then you have the ash build up in the heater that pi$$es me off :nofunny:. I plan to put a peppermint round in beside a locust round in the morning to compare and will report back. In fact, I might try a few different species comparisons for interest's sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, with intercoolers!!!

I don't think Ford is coming out with the Ecoboost 462 till next year!

But I will tell you, on behalf of the Mustang, a little bit of boost makes a lot of difference! Turns a small block into a Big Block performer!

Amazing how that little 2.7 liter 6 moves that big 4WD truck! This is my 4th Boosted Vehicle, and I like em! Great mileage for the performance.

1) 1985 T Bird Turbo Coupe (4 cyl turbo); 2 1992 T Bird SC (V-6 SC), 3) 2006 Mustang Aftermarket SC (8 cyl SC), 4) 2019 F-150 Ecoboost (V-6 Turbo).
I'm still having some mileage issues with my 2.7, but no power issues. They had my lane blocked doing line clearing. I was going slightly up hill with my trailer and mower on the back. The flag guy waved me on and I guess I was taking off too slow, so he started waving the flag for me to get going. I kind of stomped on it and just fried the pass tire.

I’ve mowed 4 times, already. Maybe, should not have fertilized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've mowed 4 times too. Doing my yard every 4-5 days. My customers that get mowed once a week, the grass was going to hay. I usually mow at 3.5 inches and had to go up to 4 inches to keep from making wind rows. Told them we might have to start mowing every 5 days for a while.

Scrounged up a truckload from a Facebook marketplace ad for free firewood. There is a lot more there but it is mostly tulip poplar so I dont know how much of it I actually want. Glad things are drying up a bit so I can finally get out and cut a little more.

Attachments

• 20190427_094010.jpg
    20190427_094010.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 20190427_094014.jpg
    20190427_094014.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
Scrounged up a truckload from a Facebook marketplace ad for free firewood. There is a lot more there but it is mostly tulip poplar so I dont know how much of it I actually want. Glad things are drying up a bit so I can finally get out and cut a little more.
It’s not bad wood. I don’t really scroung. I have 3 farms I can cut standing dead Oak on, so that’s about all I burn. But for free, I’d burn it. I actually like Poplar better for milling.

Back