• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Chevy C30 Dually Dump-truck cheap!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffHK454

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I’ve got a 1984 Chevy C30 for sale, has a elec. over hyd. 10’x7’x12” dump bed. It’s a auto & 6.2 diesel , has under 95K miles and are that low because it spent its first 20 years being a ambulance for the city of Dayton.

Some of the bad and good stuff :

Like I said , it was an ambulance so it has no options other than tilt column and auto trans...no power options or radio. Has a bad $99 paint-job to hide the old paint scheme and the rockers are getting soft.

The city removed the medical box and made a mess of the wiring..most everything works as it should but it’s ugly. Shocks are worn but it’s a old wood truck and it just didn’t matter.

The heat and AC where also butchered and don’t work..I never cared about ether so I never looked into making it operable...they even removed the compressor.

It’s been dependable as a hammer till last week when the trans started slipping...I’m assuming the TH400 needs rebuilt...still drives but slips in 3rd gear and reverse, common TH400 problem.

It’s a wood lot truck that I’m constantly fight to keep mice out of so it smells like farm truck inside.

Has a good running J-code non-civilian 6.2 diesel that makes better HP than the version available to the public. Gets pretty damn good MPG unloaded and 7-9 with 5K in it.

The bed has White Oak top boards that make for 36” tall sides and other than the worn paint the bed is rock solid. Never used to haul concrete so the floor isn’t beat to death. Stops and steers pretty good.

I’m pretty firm on $2,500 because the bed is worth that..rebuild the trans and go or swap the dump box to a newer and nicer cab & chassis truck. If anybody’s interested I can post pictures of whatever you want. Its a good old truck but my body’s forcing me out of firewood’n and it needs to go.

2284D9CC-BCC1-4F7F-8E07-D124C5FCFA7A.jpeg I’ve had a couple PM’s about more info so here goes.. Has good tires with lots a life left and SS Cal-Customs simulators.

Still has spotlights on both sides but the wires have been cut to make them non-opp...easy fix. Good dual equipment batteries in a box under the bed.

Nice looking rig! Nice price too even if it does need a little work. If I wasn't a broke college student that had absolute no use for a C30 you would have a serious looker. Good luck selling!

I wish this were closer to Texas. It’s not 4x4 is it?

Had a PM asking if this thing can drive...the answer is yes , it only really struggles staying in drive above say 40 mph and can be test driven as long as reverse isn’t needed.

Nothing wrong with the tranny the oil and filter needs changing. Reverse is the highest demand for oil and and first to show up somethings wrong. The 400th is an easy rebuild anyway.

I built a 76 k30 and used a built 400th tranny. When the tranny went I replaced it with a four speed and found out the 400th pulled harder with the 3,000 stall torq converter with the special low first gear which lowered the second gear ratio too.

Nothing wrong with the tranny the oil and filter needs changing. Reverse is the highest demand for oil and and first to show up somethings wrong. The 400th is an easy rebuild anyway.

I built a 76 k30 and used a built 400th tranny. When the tranny went I replaced it with a four speed and found out the 400th pulled harder with the 3,000 stall torq converter with the special low first gear which lowered the second gear ratio too.

That’s optimistic but I don’t think so. I’ve killed and rebuilt a handful of TH400’s over the years and this trans has all the symptoms of bad direct clutch seals.

I probably would be if it was 4wd to be honest.

Already a decent deal if it's as clean as you say.

Yeah , it’s a pretty good truck for 35 years old. I’ve also been the 4wd route in square body Chevy dumps and it’s both good and bad. My ‘79 K30 dump was great when I needed to get off solid ground but it sat so high from the factory it sucked to load by hand.

Latest posts

Back