whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see your on a side slant in the second pic. I hate that feeling on those loaders. Sometimes I lean to the other side when I’m on them, as if it would make a lick of difference. Maybe if I was a fat kid.

I see your on a side slant in the second pic. I hate that feeling on those loaders. Sometimes I lean to the other side when I’m on them, as if it would make a lick of difference. Maybe if I was a fat kid.

Yeah, I already put that machine on it’s side last winter. Sucked, but hardly left a scratch (except for a giant bruise on my ass, omg,,) I got real lucky. I was doing something stupid, now I know not to do anything stupid again. And yeah, that slope had me on my toes carrying those big pieces out, but I just go real slow and careful.

See, I even got pics. After that I decided I was gonna own that ****er!! That pretty much completed the learning curve for me.
View attachment 731227 View attachment 731228

Wow. I bet you needed a coffee break after that to check your britches. It still amazes me that after all these years i can still get myself into situations where i have the thing teetering.

I had the Ditch Witch completely vertical the other day resting on the front end. Was backing up hill with a big piece in the grapple. The front end started to go down and I just needed a little more to crest that little hill....nope.
Winch put her back on the tracks. I’m surprised you don’t hear of more guys getting hurt with the mini’s. I’m not sure if being able to jump ship or having the iron around you like MDS’s machine is better. If she takes to rolling your going for the ride!

Wow. I bet you needed a coffee break after that to check your britches. It still amazes me that after all these years i can still get myself into situations where i have the thing teetering.

It was a very traumatic day for The MDS.

Actually, the guys couldn’t believe how calm I was throughout the whole debacle - tow truck and all. What’re you gonna do, right? It’s like war out there, you take a bullet you keep fighting, you don’t just lay there and die. The Giant seemed to be on the same page anyway. That thing is definitely built like a tank. Not that I plan on testing it like that again.:laugh:

I had the Ditch Witch completely vertical the other day resting on the front end. Was backing up hill with a big piece in the grapple. The front end started to go down and I just needed a little more to crest that little hill....nope.
Winch put her back on the tracks. I’m surprised you don’t hear of more guys getting hurt with the mini’s. I’m not sure if being able to jump ship or having the iron around you like MDS’s machine is better. If she takes to rolling your going for the ride!
why you would back up a hill with a big load is beyond me.

Besides rushing and not wanting to turn around, you can often back up a small hill (think the edge of a driveway), stand the ass end up on the loader a bit, only to have it come back down after you crest the edge of the driveway. Push it a little to much and you end up on the front end like I did.

Besides rushing and not wanting to turn around, you can often back up a small hill (think the edge of a driveway), stand the ass end up on the loader a bit, only to have it come back down after you crest the edge of the driveway. Push it a little to much and you end up on the front end like I did.

Sounds like someone was getting a little cowboy with the dingo. Tsk, tsk....:(

I felled a tree with a small marker ribbon on it and the chain sucked the ribbon in and seized up the cage bearing and pushed the e clip too tight on the shaft nub. I had to grind the e clip off and luckily we stocked a spare bearing. Crazy.
e63eeb97b2213084d6fa625f9b38d608.jpg

I felled a tree with a small marker ribbon on it and the chain sucked the ribbon in and seized up the cage bearing and pushed the e clip too tight on the shaft nub. I had to grind the e clip off and luckily we stocked a spare bearing. Crazy.
e63eeb97b2213084d6fa625f9b38d608.jpg

Weird. What size/model saw was it?

Close to home the last couple days... well, closer than the usual close even.

Nice young couple. I gave them a good deal and made a couple days pay. Everyone’s happy. That’s how The MDS rolls.:cool:
View attachment 732424

Nice looking motor coach there in the background [emoji3516][emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back