P.E. Summit baffle insulation damage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My fault,

I completely forgot about the tight cleanliness above the baffle and lifted it to high when taking it out to clean and damaging the insulation board on the top of it. At it deepest point it is no more than 1/2 way through the insulation MAX.

Is this still ok to use next year?

Needless to say I’m pissed about my stupid mistake. I always like to keep my stuff in tip top shape/ clean and working well. This is basically a $400 part after shipping. [emoji35][emoji35]

The only thing I can think is it looks like i may be able to replace just the board. That is cheaper

Thanks for your input guys,
Kyle

63f05bb61f7a284d7ca1bfde0b9c75c3.jpg
103b2e3d4a4de4b887201e326c03cc13.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I got talked out of buying that stove,because of that issue...
Hang in there,someone on this site,knows of an fix for you...

I got talked out of buying that stove,because of that issue...
Hang in there,someone on this site,knows of an fix for you...

Iv taken it out 3 times since I’ve had it and never damaged it. I don’t think there’s an issue with the product it’s the fact that I just wasn’t paying attention.

It was my dealer,that did the talking-he did not like the price of the part and the fact that it fails..

Won't hurt a thing. May loose a tiny bit of efficiency as the thinner area may let some heat escape. I have a Super 27 that I've been using for 20 yrs and the baffle blanket has a couple thinner areas but still works the same.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Won't hurt a thing. May loose a tiny bit of efficiency as the thinner area may let some heat escape. I have a Super 27 that I've been using for 20 yrs and the baffle blanket has a couple thinner areas but still works the same.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I was really hoping to hear something like that. Thank you sir. Being that the baffle is entirely stainless and that is just sitting on top I could not imagine it hurting much of anything but I also was not sure so I had to ask...[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Thank you

Your lucky, my Vista Classic just uses a batt of insulation, which is now universal for a bunch of there stoves, in my opinion that and the baffle design let alone heat output across the product line is terrible.

Your lucky, my Vista Classic just uses a batt of insulation, which is now universal for a bunch of there stoves, in my opinion that and the baffle design let alone heat output across the product line is terrible.

I saw that.

That is why i went with the summit.

Latest posts

Back