Beginnings of a dragon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooly

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm not much good at drawing complicated mythical creatures, but I had to at least get the idea on paper before I knew where to start on this nice cherry log. We'll see where it goes from here I guess.
Got a few things I'm gonna change a little yet on this one, and I'll see what happens when I try to merge the other side into this one. I should have just alternated cuts from one side to the other, but I got caught up in seeing how the first side laid out. It roughed out pretty evenly, so I expect it should go smoothly.
DSC_0125.JPG
DSC_0134.JPG
DSC_0135.JPG
DSC_0154.JPG
DSC_0153.JPG

looks kinda like a seahorse. mouth might need opened a little .off to a good start though , i like it

looks kinda like a seahorse. mouth might need opened a little .off to a good start though , i like it
I guess he does in a way. I think those gill flaps on the side of his face are throwing the whole thing off a bit. That's one of the things I'm planning on changing to something a little more aggressive.
Worse case scenario is I fall back on plan-B which of course would be a seahorse now,lol

Back