poulan 2000 fuel pickup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberjackoff

Reaction score
I bought an old top handle Poulan 2000 cheap. Of course it needed a fuel line so I put one in with a new tank pickup filter. Now it runs good when it is standing upright, but I can't seem to get the fuel pickup to flop around in the tank correctly so it stays submerged in gas while the saw turns sideways. I plan to use this as a climbing saw for chunk downs so it needs to run at any angle. The line enters the tank at a strange angle so maybe I need some kind of elbow connector. I would appreciate some tips from Anyone here who has done a fuel line job before on these old Poulan / Craftsman top Handle saws.

update..... So the fuel line kit I bought came with some larger sturdy tubing, and some flimsy smaller tubing. My first instinct was to do the whole thing in one strand of the thicker walled stuff, but it isn't flexible enough to work inside the tank. After shoving it through the tank hole, I slipped a few inches of the little flimsy hose inside the bigger hose, and stretched that over the fuel pickup. Now it rattles like it should.

Sounds like you got a fuel kit for a Wild Thing genre Poulan. It has tiny .08" ID fuel supply and 3/32" ID purge line. I wouldn't trust the tiny line to stay in the medium line. I'd use all 3/32" line and put stainless steel nuts or washers on it - like others said above.

Another thing that might work.

I had a Stihl 019t that the IPL showed enuf line inside the tank to make 1 1/2 full turns (loop). [emoji15]

Scratched my head over that for a good while ‘till I realized the filter would swing back an forth more freely.

Latest posts

Back