What’s your holy grail chain saw.?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve always wanted to own the biggest, a 3120 would def be a possibility... I could put it to use :)

However I’ve always had a thing for mcculloch, and one of their larger 100cc models in good working order would be coveted for the rest of my life. I would probably go out of my way for that one

Another vote for Husqvarna 254.
Originally envisioned to fill a perceived gap between the 242 and 266 that the demise of the 162 had created. A gap that it never did quite fill, hence the 262.
Sure the 262 is more powerful with hardly any weight penalty but the 154/254 package is so clean and neat, inside and outside. I mean, if any chainsaw could be described as pretty, the original 154 is the one. I remember hearing about the dismay when the design team were informed that the production model would use the more rounded EMAB ignition from the 50, rather than the flatter SEM, meaning that the smooth line of the starter housing would need to have an "ugly" lump added.

Kicked the end out of my Cradle with a Pioneer P-20 / 16" Bar , actually 16 yr old newbie cutting Canadian Hard rock Maple . When I was 18 bought a Pioneer 11-60 2 0" Bar that I used for 15 yrs or so until I picked up my last muscle saw a Pioneer P-61 / 36" Bar . I ran Klotz R @ 32:1 back in the day . I still occasionally still run all 3 saws , however now mix Amsoil Sabre @ 50:1 to keep these Peterborough Girls happy !

When I was a young kid my dad bought a brand new 1980 Mazda RX7. I loved that car and bought it from him about 12 years later. Man was it a fun car. Many years after that I learned that Dolmar once built a rotary chainsaw. If I had a dream saw it would have to be the KMS4!

Here's a start - L-R: Echo 610EVL horizontal twin, Solo 611 vertical twin, Sachs Dolmar KMS4 Wankel rotary, McCulloch BP-1 balanced piston, McCulloch SP118/Dolmar 166, and the CP 80 DX in the lower RH corner.

20170614_210413.jpg

I am still looking for a McCulloch 895C, or the extremely rare 895CL among other things.

Mark

Here's a start - L-R: Echo 610EVL horizontal twin, Solo 611 vertical twin, Sachs Dolmar KMS4 Wankel rotary, McCulloch BP-1 balanced piston, McCulloch SP118/Dolmar 166, and the CP 80 DX in the lower RH corner.

Mark

Dayumn!! Next in line after the KMS4 on my list would the 610evl, BP-1, and then the Solo! Nice collection!!!

Latest posts

Back