Two birds with a single stone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Clearing trees out of the new fence line yesterday. Ash tree a live one right in front of the radiator guard, it is hideing a big dead Elm. then just to the right farther back another dead Elm smaller than the hidden one.
there is another hidden live Ash farther back not showen.

The Cherry in the fore ground needs to come out along with another live Ash, then way down there is a live Elm that I need to take out. this has become the later.
EeSZSq1.jpg

Got the smaller dead Elm down cut up and loaded, got the one live Ash down and mostly cut up split and loaded. That little 2150 is sure a nice saw for cutting small stuff and limbing. I also had my Echo CS 400, hard to head out to cut wood and it not join in, I also had the Jred 2159.

What I didn't have time to finish up. Maybe today if it doesn't rain as forecasted.

I have about 15 more T post to drive then I can start hanging the woven wire fencing. Be nice to have it finished.

:D Al

Just a suggestion, but why don't you get the tree work done before putting in posts?

Another area of our new fence start up. Had a hard time trying to figure out why the first post is out of line? then. it dawned on me, I set a steel post by the survey flag stakes just in case some got the pullsies. I didn't used the level to plumb it.
31SnVsC.jpg

The level is the long white thing inside the post driver hanging on the tractor.

EeSZSq1.jpg

When they were building the board fence I told them they were doing asloppy job but I didn't own the place then so I didn't make a big enough fuss.

6PmjfFe.jpg

o04K9Zg.jpg

Are you taking the old wood fence down. I brought home something like 400 Oak fence boards, all 30-50 years old. Made a pair of sliding barn doors for a friends timber framed home. She said she saw a pair at a craft show, not near as nice as mine, for $3500. Mostly I make Blue Bird boxes for $40 each and Lionel Train display boardsFor $50 and up pending on length.
HxzUoCf.jpg

gUni2W2.jpg

XtO9jvb.jpg

That board fence belongs to the neighbour. Previous owner had it built and the builder didn't do a good job getting the property line correct.

Horses it seems need board fences these days for some reason.

Our friend sold her vet practice a few years ago. Her tax man told her it was time to sell the property. The new owner wanted to take down the old board fence. Doc wanted to keep the boards for repairs around the rest of the 150 acre farm. My brother in law runs the operations on the farm, and in his spare time, he was taking the boards down, pulling the old nails, and stacking the good ones in a barn. I got the rest. The guy that got the contract to put up the new electric fence added $1000 to take down the old fence. Erin started at the gate and took the boards down, pulled the posts, and filled the holes, going clockwise around the 10 acre parcel. He was about half way through the project when the fence guy showed up. Instead of putting up the new fence where Erin already cleared the old, he took a chainsaw and cut about 6"s out from the posts and ruined hundreds of 16' White Oak boards. By the time they found out he had them in a pile , getting ready to burn them, along with the creosote treated posts that Doc wanted to keep also. The new property owner knew Doc wanted to keep all the salvageable fencing and never told the guy to do the work. Anyway, I got a lot of bird box boards.

That big Elm is hopefully going to come down and become fire wood today. Really want it down before I put the post up in that area.
Got the last of the post we needed yesterday to finish the post driving job.

Will use the box blade to take a bunch of the small stuff out of the way too.

I've been thinking of a wire unroller also think I have that figured out for this side of the property.

Our friend sold her vet practice a few years ago. Her tax man told her it was time to sell the property. The new owner wanted to take down the old board fence. Doc wanted to keep the boards for repairs around the rest of the 150 acre farm. My brother in law runs the operations on the farm, and in his spare time, he was taking the boards down, pulling the old nails, and stacking the good ones in a barn. I got the rest. The guy that got the contract to put up the new electric fence added $1000 to take down the old fence. Erin started at the gate and took the boards down, pulled the posts, and filled the holes, going clockwise around the 10 acre parcel. He was about half way through the project when the fence guy showed up. Instead of putting up the new fence where Erin already cleared the old, he took a chainsaw and cut about 6"s out from the posts and ruined hundreds of 16' White Oak boards. By the time they found out he had them in a pile , getting ready to burn them, along with the creosote treated posts that Doc wanted to keep also. The new property owner knew Doc wanted to keep all the salvageable fencing and never told the guy to do the work. Anyway, I got a lot of bird box boards.
some people need a severe beating...……..

Back