Not the typical oil thread (another one)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby Kirbos

Scrounger of Cellulose Based BTUs
Reaction score
My wife asked me to dispose of a combined 2qts of some hippie oils that she bought a couple of years ago for some now forgotten reason. My question: can any of it be disposed of through a chainsaw muffler and provide adequate lubrication? If not, it will go through the bar oil pump.

Oils.jpg

My wife asked me to dispose of a combined 2qts of some hippie oils that she bought a couple of years ago for some now forgotten reason. My question: can any of it be disposed of through a chainsaw muffler and provide adequate lubrication? If not, it will go through the bar oil pump.

View attachment 732884

All great oils for cooking. How did they not get used[emoji848]

And i would never run them in anything but a cast iron pan.

JMO.

Why risk it....?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Yeah, I kinda knew it was a stupid question.

Mixed 50/50 with bar oil it shall be. (it's 2 quarts of lubrication... what else would I do with it?)

not mix it with bar oil. Thats one more thing i would not do.

You got it years ago...?

Mix it in a weed sprayer container with some dish soap salt and water and you have a great weedkiller.

Got standing water and mosquito problems ....it will suffocate the lava, spray it on top of the standing water.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Safflower oil is a widely used cooking oil. So is grapeseed oil, although a little more controversial. I does have a high linoleic oil content, vitamin E, zero trans fats, and a high smoke point. I would taste these two and use them for cooking if there is no sign of rancidity. Don't taste the castor oil. It was used a bit before my day to motivate kids who just "didn't feel good enough to go to school". Kind of a trial by fire, if you were willing to swallow a slug of "therapeutic" castor oil, you were sick enough to stay home. Do not put any of them in a fuel tank. As far as bar oil, so many vegetable oils are being used nowadays, I doubt if it would do any harm, but would check the forums first. The castor oil might be used in a Tiki torch to ward off mosquitoes and possibly people.

Back