Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up on “nice yard” years ago. Screw fertilizer. The leaves help slow grass growth. As do the Toyo M/T’s[emoji1787]

f409afa5e2e9877fabed82c0eb431647.jpg
f08dd032612f33e4847337b2f7d22bfa.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
LOL. That looked like my yard a month ago, when some dumba$$ just had to have some firewood. They always want firewood when it's snowing or raining. Never on a nice day!

That little one is cool. Funny you posted the other link, I was also thinking of Steve's post when I saw this today north of Ionia, it's at a fairly large excavating company.
View attachment 733074
this about the same rig that we used on our township road pulled by the b farmall. the off set seat worked well on the b for watching the ditch pulling against the flow of traffic'

I put a round of peppermint (on the left) in with a round of locust this morning. I don't think the locust wasn't fully dry but for the purposes of ash comparison that doesn't matter. Neither had any bark on.

Ash festival on the right. If I came across a peppermint log and a locust log side by side, I'd be taking the peppermint first.

I got two here in town and couple out along the county line, too. indoor fireplaces... plan to empty the ash next couple days, close the flues... and build a 'fire to go' for next season... just add lighter! :)

my outdoors mr Brutus is one ash festival after another! lol year round ~P9140016.JPG

this festival is just getting started!

Here’s the grader, sans one wheel that’s getting repaired.

Yes that’s snow LOL.

View attachment 732957

interesting... never seen a tow hitch unit like that! is it a 2-man unit? one manages the grader, and other manages to tow vehicle?...

>My wife was gracious enough to drive the truck so I could operate the grader.

I got my answer :)

interesting... never seen a tow hitch unit like that! is it a 2-man unit? one manages the grader, and other manages to tow vehicle?...

>My wife was gracious enough to drive the truck so I could operate the grader.

I got my answer :)
The higher hitch is to hook to a tractor. The lower hoop (which was bent sometime prior to the point I started using this thing over 25 years ago) is how we hook it to the truck. I just put that pin through the hole in a receiver hitch and it works great.

39BB461F-AC9C-493C-9C52-35E9833425C3.png

The higher hitch is to hook to a tractor. The lower hoop (which was bent sometime prior to the point I started using this thing over 25 years ago) is how we hook it to the truck. I just put that pin through the hole in a receiver hitch and it works great.

View attachment 733120
I just bought a 12'X40' garage package, to use as a bunkhouse, I had to clear almost a mile of driveway. Grade the pad area, and grade my end of the drieway. While my BIL was on the Yanmar back hoe, I had a 9' grader blade on my Massey 135. I had to grade out and fill wash out ruts 18" deep. Got the last pass down the drive in and thought I was done. Put it in reverse to turn around, pushed the clutch in, and it kept going backward. The clutch went dead to the floor, no resistance. I had to back down to my neighbors field to turn around and back all the way to my place and park it. Took the inspection plate off the bottom and you can see the throughout bearing moving back and forth, but it's not moving the pressure plate. Sure hate to crack this thing in half to do a clutch, in a field. Maybe when the deliver the new building I'll put it inside to do the clutch. The building has a 9'X7' roll up door on one end. Sorry no pics of the grading. I was just getting over double pneumonia and was exhausted, and forgot my cell at home.

I just bought a 12'X40' garage package, to use as a bunkhouse,

that kit should make a nice bunkhouse! hope it gets a porch, too.

I like bunkhouses... when I was a kid in Wa state we lived out of town on a farm... it had a bunkhouse next to main house. my farm has a bunkhouse, too. not sure it's vintage but it is definitely old. early '40's I am told. the wall under the old tin covered car port? equip port? well, prob one for car and one for tractor... dual... has asphalt siding! near on roofing type is my guess. use what ya got sort of thing! when I was last up I spent some time in it tidying it up some. cleaning. front has old timey near floor to ceiling windows either side of the front door. 2 rooms. well worn unfinished wooden flooring - the kind u can see underneath the bunkhouse in daylight thru cracks... grease stains in one corner where years ago cooking took place... closed off circular spot in ceiling where the old wood burning stove sat keeping the place warm. fully, uninsulated walls!! lol :nofunny: front and back door... bit musty, has a flavor of sorts... all to it self. unique. step into the place and I am transported back to the day I acquired the place. in fact, we cut the final details - me and the seller sitting there in the bunkhouse. 'the home place'.... and it in part influenced me in my acquisition thoughts. I added a 220-v line to the place... for fresh 110-v drops... when I got the place the elec power to the bunkhouse came off a line off the main house... thru the air... on couple of poles. that had to change!!! :yes: offers a unique perspective of the farm when looking out the front door! on can see it from the front door, I like it. easy to imagine the day to day activities that took place in it many years ago. :)

and I liked the old building, too...

but that is nbd, as just with wood piles... I have never seen a barn, pasture, ranch, farm... I dint like ... or back then... want! lol

hope your BH project goes well for you. keep us posted!

zbh.jpg

If this is for real its got to be the ultimate scrounge. Baltimore MD Craigslist Free 36 cords of split dried firewood ,moving to Florida and need to get rid of the firewood in 2 weeks [email protected]
I called and its a hoax .She said about 15 people came to the house before the Ad was removed

Back