whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking motor coach there in the background [emoji3516][emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s my neighbors shop. He’s got an HVAC business they run out of there. Seems to do real well. Just did a job at his house a few miles away before that job.

There used to be a tree business run out of that shop for years before this guy. I like it much better this way. lol.:)

3DA97912-B7E5-4634-A9DC-E0FBBFC24CA2.jpeg 3DA97912-B7E5-4634-A9DC-E0FBBFC24CA2.jpeg Been reading this thread for year. Have only ask questions and made comments about other people’s equipment pictures. Now I felt that I need to share my new additions. I just got Vermeer SC60TX a year ago and the brand new CTX100 this month with BMG grapple and their one yard bucket. Yesterday I took them out on a job on the same 12’ dump trailer. It’s pretty snug with only a few inches to spare. If it were not for the remote control I’d not b able to do it.

Attachments

• 3ED7FF3B-7854-4DEF-BB49-E45E20622211.jpeg
    3ED7FF3B-7854-4DEF-BB49-E45E20622211.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
I felled a tree with a small marker ribbon on it and the chain sucked the ribbon in and seized up the cage bearing and pushed the e clip too tight on the shaft nub. I had to grind the e clip off and luckily we stocked a spare bearing. Crazy.
e63eeb97b2213084d6fa625f9b38d608.jpg

Just wait until you get a saw someone has been cutting up hay bales with. [emoji2959]

2A5DB0EE-13C7-47D1-AD5F-B1A183968056.jpeg 363803E4-E2DD-4443-8765-4864D46B779A.jpeg 2CAF89E2-5D22-4EFE-B7FF-8C7DFD5A67EE.jpeg 79A4FAA4-A6E1-4D3D-BC0C-0ABA6C791201.jpeg

Laid the smack down on a bunch of dead ash with Grace Tree’s tracked lift today. Had the lift maxed out a few times on a couple tall ones. The picture of the cracked tree was still standing and every bit of 80’, crazy to see it still upright. I put a couple racket straps on it for safe measure or at least a little piece of mind. Smooth day and a couple nice views.

Nice. Are those green ash? They look different than our (almost daily now) white ash removals. We have green ash here too though, just not nearly as many as the white.

Grcs and elevator bucket puts em down nicely, especially if they’re in multi-trunked form.

Nice. Are those green ash? They look different than our (almost daily now) white ash removals. We have green ash here too though, just not nearly as many as the white.

Grcs and elevator bucket puts em down nicely, especially if they’re in multi-trunked form.

These are white ash. They’re just well cooked. Most of our green ash are planted by landscapers/homeowners and tend to fight off the EAB a little better than white ash. The green ash around here don’t tend to get very big.

A bucket truck could have smoked quite a few of these today, but no access into the backyard for a truck. The tracked lifts are a lot slower than a bucket, but you get the added accessibility. Always a trade off for any piece of equipment right? Ha

View attachment 733055 View attachment 733056 View attachment 733057 View attachment 733058

Laid the smack down on a bunch of dead ash with Grace Tree’s tracked lift today. Had the lift maxed out a few times on a couple tall ones. The picture of the cracked tree was still standing and every bit of 80’, crazy to see it still upright. I put a couple racket straps on it for safe measure or at least a little piece of mind. Smooth day and a couple nice views.

What lift is that and how do you like it? I’m hitting a wall here with getting my guys to cdl up and no one carries one.

the fact that the Vermeer engineers came up those 2 nice pieces of equipment eared them lots of "first Class" respect from the industry, like it or not.

Lol, they make a few decent machines, but still far from the best available at any time. Vermeer is the “Case” of the tree care equipment. Govt and muni focused. The stuff works, but not comparable when going head to head with other top brands.

What lift is that and how do you like it? I’m hitting a wall here with getting my guys to cdl up and no one carries one.

This is an Omme 83’ footer. It works well, but it’s far from perfect or as bulletproof as a regular bucket. You gotta keep an eye on stuff for maintenance and when something is wrong. There are a lot of moving pieces. Most tree guys are going with the CMC lift, cheaper and designed for tree work. Supposedly a very long backlog from CMC at the moment. Some local guys ordered them late last year and have yet to receive their machines. If you can swing a bucket and a lift, I think you’d love the versatility of having both. Basically have the right tool for the job.

I think i’d buy a lift, then a crane, then a rear mount bucket in an ideal growth sequence.

I think i’d buy a lift, then a crane, then a rear mount bucket in an ideal growth sequence.

Interesting. I would do the opposite if I had my way. Bad ass bucket, crane, then backyard contraption someday maybe. Lots of other toys in between, of course. I can get my 4x4 buckets most anywhere though, and I still climb too, so that’s just me. Very, very rarely does the perfect job for one of those lifts come up for me. But I’m sure if I had one to employ day to day it’d be a different story.

The lifts are becoming more and more practical and necessary because of all the dead Ash. If you can’t get the bucket to it, and a crane can’t get to it, there often too damn brittle to climb. On top of it there often the tallest tree, so a secondary tie in point from another tree is not to often a option.

Interesting. I would do the opposite if I had my way. Bad ass bucket, crane, then backyard contraption someday maybe. Lots of other toys in between, of course. I can get my 4x4 buckets most anywhere though, and I still climb too, so that’s just me. Very, very rarely does the perfect job for one of those lifts come up for me. But I’m sure if I had one to employ day to day it’d be a different story.

A bucket smokes a lift when going head to head and overall I enjoy using a bucket much more than a lift. The all around capability is what makes me pick a lift over a bucket.

A crane would almost be my first choice, such a game changer in removal production. It sure makes you notice the next bottleneck in the operation though. Then you’re buying an 18” chipper, big chip truck, truck to haul logs. Lol

The lifts are becoming more and more practical and necessary because of all the dead Ash. If you can’t get the bucket to it, and a crane can’t get to it, there often too damn brittle to climb. On top of it there often the tallest tree, so a secondary tie in point from another tree is not to often a option.

Bingo, i’ll still climb fat ash trees, but nothing is getting rigged, just bombing it. There are so many beanpole ash trees though, and those are the ones that will bite you. They gernade as soon as they hit the ground. I don’t climb them around here anymore.

On a side note, make sure you guys buy the BMG rake. I mounted a receiver hitch on mine and slide it into my BMG grapple. It’s a huge time saver and doesn’t mess up yards. I wish I would have bought it earlier. I always wanted to off myself when cleaning up dead ash trees, not so much anymore with the rake. Ha

A bucket smokes a lift when going head to head and overall I enjoy using a bucket much more than a lift. The all around capability is what makes me pick a lift over a bucket.

A crane would almost be my first choice, such a game changer in removal production. It sure makes you notice the next bottleneck in the operation though. Then you’re buying an 18” chipper, big chip truck, truck to haul logs. Lol

For a removal based business a knuckle boom with a grapple saw aka Tree-Mec with an 18” chipper is the cats ass.
Lotta iron, lotta money. That’s why I focus on PHC :)

I like my bucket cuz I can haul the 11,500lb chipper or my 14k Giant and trailer (in a snowstorm if need be). On a poor mans budget the bucket just made more sense, you get an entire bad ass truck as well. I get where the lifts definitely have their place though. I guess you can’t have everything. :surprised3:lol

Back