Who made this Craftsman?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use the Strato intake and a block off gasket or replace the seal for the Strato valve. The cubby holes on the other intake serve no purpose.

Thanks, BrushSlasher. I cut off the top cubby hole and went all non strato. Blocked the AF strato holes. Sounds like a little limbing demon. Will check it out tomorrow. Came with 18". Do you put 14" or 16" on them?

I stuck with the 18 on mine, my other 37cc ryobi runs a 14 and they easily swap. Home depot sells bars, chains, and air filters that will fit your saw.

Put 4018 in some wood today and it did great with 18". Didn't bog at all in 10" Elm? I dunno what wood it is - roadside pickup. Hot starts take 1/2 a pull. Oils plenty.
Problem to resolve....Cold starts are awful. 20 pulls and I lose patience and dribble fuel down intake. 5 more pulls and it runs steady.
I need to figure a high idle for this Chinese carb.

20190502_145903.jpg 20190502_145921.jpg

I don't stop by here very often anymore, but I happened to see your post - the saw is indeed a straight up GZ4000 with yellow plastic. I have one and it's a great little saw.

I also have a couple of Mac (Jenn Feng) MS 4018 and parts saws with other models. The cylinders are cast by someone else but they are identical to the GZ4000 and will swap. While yours had the strato ports blocked off they are all there - just bolt it on with the original Craftsman strato intake and carb. It will flow much more air than with the strato ports blocked off.

Latest posts

Back