Sick MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwoods

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
First follow up to this post of mine in a now closed thread:

Today a friend told me his older style MS362 Mtronic was sick - had no power and he asked me to run it. Sure enough any pressure and the motor would lug and the chain would stop. It had a fresh sharp chain. Cranked, idled and ran fine if you kept a slight lift. Left on its own or with any pressure it would quit. He didn’t want to try to recalibrate; he is going to the dealer on Monday. I will report back.

I spoke to the dealer today. He said they have ordered a new fuel solenoid as everything else checks out fine. He is hoping that this will fix it. I will let folks know whether or not it does.

Ron

Just an update on the former, now locked thread. When the OP of that thread contacts me that he has received word from Stihl Corp about that saw the thread will be unlocked again so he can tell us what went down.
Wait... whadeye miss? Are you talking about THAT thread? I thought that 362 was brand new

First follow up to this post of mine in a now closed thread:

Today a friend told me his older style MS362 Mtronic was sick - had no power and he asked me to run it. Sure enough any pressure and the motor would lug and the chain would stop. It had a fresh sharp chain. Cranked, idled and ran fine if you kept a slight lift. Left on its own or with any pressure it would quit. He didn’t want to try to recalibrate; he is going to the dealer on Monday. I will report back.

I spoke to the dealer today. He said they have ordered a new fuel solenoid as everything else checks out fine. He is hoping that this will fix it. I will let folks know whether or not it does.

Ron

Wasn’t the fuel solenoid; it was the air filter. Apparently a common enough problem with this particular saw and filter that Stihl was able to make the correct call. Owner says it runs fine now.

Ron

Back