Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to REALLY like cherry. I always struggle mentally when I see cherry trees in my woods because I REALLY want to cut them down for firewood but I also want to leave them so they get bigger for MORE firewood.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Sounds a bit like me, I like the good wood and I struggle to burn it as I like it so much :angry:

View attachment 733605 Finally brought this young lady home today. Jonsereds 111s always wanted an old school muscle saw.

Nice I have a beautiful Jonsereds621 myself

Esbl4K5l.jpg

Nice I have a beautiful Jonsereds621 myself

Esbl4K5l.jpg
Dont come much cleaner then that. Mines ruff around the edges like a used saw will be but the important parts are all in good shape. I'm going to give it a good cleaning tomorrow and figure out just how ruff the paint is.

We are marching down on 2000 glorious pages of content here.....

I still wonder what happened to @wudpirat as he never visited after his operation.

He gave me a "Like" on a post about 6 months after his operation and I've not seen him since , I hope he's still scrounging somewhere , I'm gonna tip a glass for him .

I happen to REALLY like SPRUCE . I always struggle mentally when I see SPRUCE trees in my woods because I REALLY want to cut them SPRUCE trees down for firewood but I also want to leave them so they get bigger for MORE SPRUCE firewood.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

There , I fixed it for you !

View attachment 733606 Super easy scrounge today, already cut up right by the curb. Mixed bag, some had been down for a while but the majority of it was still solid.

That would be the only way I could cut any wood, on the pavement, the rain just wont stop. Almost gets dry enough then another week of rain. Should make for some great skeeters though.

Got the camper hitched to the truck and the boat hitched to the camper. A load of scrounge in the bed. Me and my boys are headed for our first annual fishing trip as soon as I get off work tomorrow. Not only will we be burning elm, ash and maple, we will also be cooking with it.
Oh yeah, I scrounge rocks too! All except the largest were scrounged by hand!
022b6d05644e7000fa1575c723fdf2b6.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Dont come much cleaner then that. Mines ruff around the edges like a used saw will be but the important parts are all in good shape. I'm going to give it a good cleaning tomorrow and figure out just how ruff the paint is.

I payed $25 at a garage sale for that:D goes like the clappers too, heaps of torque and runs very nicely indeed, a bit heavy compared to todays offerings but still a good strong reliable saw that will no doubt go for ever if maintained correctly. I take it out and cut a load of wood with it every now and then to keep it all working as it should.:chainsaw:

The father in law took me over to a friend's garage clean-out today. Thought I might be interested in the woodstove. The stove was junk and wasn't worth my time for scrap iron but there was a cast iron kettle and this ecofan I picked up for $40 Canucks for both. The fans are made about 15 minutes from my house. My stove has a squirrel cage blower that works great for moving the heat but the ecofan doesn't use electricity and I like that so I'm giving it a try tonight. The kettle is rough looking but I'm going to blast it at work and paint it with stove black.
ab5a9bf1f488d153eea258880a52180d.jpg
e0b5418a39ccbfc8e1285cce4ac0622e.jpg

The father in law took me over to a friend's garage clean-out today. Thought I might be interested in the woodstove. The stove was junk and wasn't worth my time for scrap iron but there was a cast iron kettle and this ecofan I picked up for $40 Canucks for both. The fans are made about 15 minutes from my house. My stove has a squirrel cage blower that works great for moving the heat but the ecofan doesn't use electricity and I like that so I'm giving it a try tonight. The kettle is rough looking but I'm going to blast it at work and paint it with stove black.
ab5a9bf1f488d153eea258880a52180d.jpg
e0b5418a39ccbfc8e1285cce4ac0622e.jpg

Let us know how the fan works. Around my area those type of fans sell for $115-$125 USD.

I just rebuilt 350 with a mate the other day (one of his customers found it at the dump) so brought it around to see if it could be revived, it needed new crank seals, bore was scored but we revived it and needed new rings (I think the piston was usable) anyway it's all back together and running fine so hopefully it will keep doing so!.

sounds like you brought it back from the grave! lucky find.

Yes, milled the White Pine from a blow down on the property. Might build an 8 X8 or 8x12 entrance room with benches and lots of coat pegs so you can take off all the dirty clothes first. I might just stick with electric baseboard heat. Not sure yet.

down here they are called Mud Rooms.

zmr.jpg

Latest posts

Back