Help finding a radiator???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robthetreemanct

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just bought a woodchuck hyroller 1200 with a 4 cylinder Ford gasser. I'm in search of a radiator for it. Any ideas on where to look?

I am not familiar with that model but the thing that jumped out in a 4 cylinder Ford. It is possible that the same engine is used on other equipment and you can find a radiator from one of those. Radiators are pretty simple anyway, so I would take some measurements and head to a junkyard looking for one from a bigger engine that would fit. That route would require some custom mounts, but could be considerably cheaper than a special equipment dealer would charge.

Have you tried to find a Ford Tractor radiator. I hada few John Bean Mist Blowers that had 4 cyl Ford tractor engines, 134 or 172. Look in Yesterday TYractors.com. They have rads. for sale.

Are there even shops that do radiators anymore? I called around everywhere that I could and got no where with it.

When I put a log through the one on my processor I ended up having to buy a new one at around $600.
I almost just dug through the parts house books to find something that would work but decided the machine was a bit too new to jerry rig a radiator just to save $300-400.

Well I ended up flipping the chipper within 24 hours. Paid $800 the next morning some guy came and gave me $1800 couldn't pass up a quick $1000 for a chipper that was disassembled and didn't know if it ran Haha

Back