103 Stihl Power Polesaw had to extend as plastic gets gummed up with oil running down shaft.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadar

Reaction score
This is my first time on a forum of any sorts so I apologize if things don't make sense at first. I have a new Stihl extension pole saw which I am finding hard to extend because the. plastic has all gummed up with oil and sawdust. has anyone else encountered this problem. Stihl had a good thing with the previous model style.

I had that happen with a Harbor Fright Lynxx cordless pole saw because the fitting to the oil tank leaked.
Clean the oil out by extending the shaft and cleaning it off with something like formula 409. Then collapse it and extend it and clean it again. Keep doing it until it comes out clean.
There shouldn't be oil dripping down and into the shaft area. Something is wrong.

Yes mine did the same thing I trimmed the locking tabs with a Dremel so they made less friction on the shaft.

They supposedly have made a change to the white compression washer under the locking collar. There's also a lot of resistance in the seal if and when it gets bar oil on it.

Latest posts

Back