McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started a new project today since it is still too wet at the brush dump to try and test Kevin's saw.

20190501_130006.jpg

Plug looked like it was running quite lean.

20190501_130319.jpg

Compression was way down.

20190501_130421.jpg

Looks bad from here.

20190501_133011.jpg

Looks worse apart.

20190501_135009.jpg

A moment of silence please, the cylinder is not useable, plating is chipped off in a couple of spots.

20190501_134313.jpg

Depending on the day I have tomorrow, I may put together a separate thread going through the complete rebuild...oh yeah, I found one of these in the attic.

20190501_153545.jpg

Mark

Hopefully an 82cc variant will be my next Mac project. We shall see, they dont come up locally so will probably be looking amongst you folks.

I started a new project today since it is still too wet at the brush dump to try and test Kevin's saw.

View attachment 733433

View attachment 733434

View attachment 733436

Looks bad from here.

View attachment 733437

Looks worse apart.

View attachment 733438

A moment of silence please, the cylinder is not useable, plating is chipped off in a couple of spots.

View attachment 733439

Depending on the day I have tomorrow, I may put together a separate thread going through the complete rebuild...oh yeah, I found one of these in the attic.

View attachment 733441

Mark
Mark, ive sent you a pm. Thankyou

View attachment 733433

View attachment 733434

View attachment 733436

Looks bad from here.

View attachment 733437

Looks worse apart.

View attachment 733438

View attachment 733439

View attachment 733441

Mark

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wear/use all of it!

Good man it mite even find you some macs needing homes. I use my hard hat at work and 1 day the draughtsman asked what that symbol was about and that led to yarning about saws and it scored me a one owner father in law died pm10-10 and it's done bugger all work at all really tidy... it was going to the dump the old girl was cleaning up the shed. The workmate said aww I think theres a yellow one in the skip at the old girls place. . .... a week or so later he rolls up with a saw and I was thinking a plastic mac at best maybe a 310 or a 610 and he opened the boot and there it was a really nice 10-10 for free.

Sorry long story bla bla anyways yeah ya never know but there out there though hiding in sheds everywhere forgotten but waiting patiently for the chance to throw chips and ring ears again

Isn't amazing how these old things often out live there owners a lot of the time I've got a 7-10 that also came from a old dudes shed who died not sure how long he had it but probably since way back no doubt. I saved it from the next owner who has a shed full of dead saws.. I found he was using sump drainings as 2 stroke oil:( so yeah saved it for sure

Isn't amazing how these old things often out live there owners a lot of the time I've got a 7-10 that also came from a old dudes shed who died not sure how long he had it but probably since way back no doubt. I saved it from the next owner who has a shed full of dead saws.. I found he was using sump drainings as 2 stroke oil:( so yeah saved it for sure
Maybe you where inspired from the beyond!!

Back