Husqvarna 345?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I am familiar with the Husky 346XP, and their reputation, but I don't know anything about the 345, how does it compare to the 346XP?

What do you guys know about the 345?, Mag case? a Dog, or another of Husky's better kept secrets like the 353?

There is a 345 for sale, near one of my deliveries on Monday, it looks VERY Clean in the pics, and includes a Husky Power case (Carrying case) helmet and some other goodies for $225, the saw is my main interest, what is a Clean 345 worth?, what do you guys think of the 345 in general? Is it worth looking at?

Thanks Guys
Doug :cheers:

It's a less cc 350. Doesn't have a lot to do with the 346 XP or the indeed also great 353.
More like the dog option.
I guess today it would be a 400 series husky.
A nice used one costs about 250 euro. In Germany.
You could say it is a pro that you can be quite sure it wasn't used year round by a tree care company.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

For me $225 is way to much, maybe $150 if the plastics are really nice. They have a plastic case, plastic handle bar and run like a strong 45cc saw. With a 350 top end and a flat top piston they run very good. If you go look at it check under the muffler for melting, the mufflers are known to come loose and melt the case but you can fix that problem with a muffler bracket. The video below is mine cutting oak. It has an aftermarket 350 cylinder, 51 piston and a little port work and it turning 13,800 rpm wot.

I agree with most of the above. That price is way too high. Stock for stock they run very close to a 350. The later 45mm 350s were the main offenders of lose muffler bolts/melted cases. @spike60 has a theory about that top end and the way it resonates causing lose muffler bolts. A cheap Chinese 346 bracket is cheap insurance for any in that series.

Offer $175 and leave some wiggle room to go higher if need be. How’s the bar and chain. Point out the chain if it needs to be replaced. The bar if it’s worn too. Remove the top cover and check the aircleaner. Look at the sprocket too. Point out the flaws and the cost to make it right then offer $175.

I rebuilt a 345 for my father last year. Went through the fuel system completely, he says it's the best starting saw he's ever had. He calls it "little ripper".

Here's some of the pics

00202_enLv0DWmOFE_1200x900.jpg

01414_3BCEbqfDfXO_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_gz7rwww9EvX_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_7IX1wHJEFEY_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_eGAGrkeNLZd_1200x900.jpg

00u0u_dBPfgx2V4U0_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_dqih4MYtrOj_1200x900.jpg

I will email the seller, and see how firm they are on the price.

I already have a 353, and just got a 550XP, plus the Wife's 445, so I'm not really lacking in this size saw, but it sure is clean, but further research seems to show that the 345 was built until 2008, so it's at 11 years old.

I know all the XP models have Mag cases, and some Non-XP, like the 353, and I believe the 545 do as well, unfortunately, This model doesn't. In another thread I found, all the comments were pretty positive, no glaring well known issues.

If the our schedules mesh, I will try to look at it, if it doesn't pan out, not a problem.

Thanks for all the input, it seems to be a well liked, reliable little saw

It’s nice and for the right price you have a backup saw. I had two 2100’s back in the day. Heck I have two 2100’s, two 285xp’s, two 480cd’s ect today.

I really loved mine. Put a 346 top end on it and gave it to my son. He can use any of my saws, but most of the time he grabs the 345. In all honesty even in stock form I don’t see a huge difference between the 345 and a stock 346. That’s a pretty clean looking saw there and a nice husky case. I doubt you’ll you’ll get it for much under $175. Good luck!

3 50cc ish saws already? Including a 353 and a 550 xp?
Be generous and leave it for somebody who still uses something with a cord.
Find a nice 339 or ms 200 if you want to improve your collection, or someting in the +70 cc range if you don't already have that range covered fully.[emoji28]

3 50cc ish saws already? Including a 353 and a 550 xp?
Be generous and leave it for somebody who still uses something with a cord.
Find a nice 339 or ms 200 if you want to improve your collection, or someting in the +70 cc range if you don't already have that range covered fully.[emoji28]

If it was more closely related to the 346xp, I would have been more tempted, but I admit to having a Severe case of CAD, CSMAD as Well.;)

The seller hasn't responded yet, and I will be making a Pick Up near them at 08:00 tomorrow, so it may not be an option

I have most of the bases covered from the 38cc 23 Compact Top Handle, to a 3120XP

Does my "Old Reliable" 266XP count as an Honorary 70cc Class Saw? At 66.7cc it is closer to 70 than 60cc, and has a serious Attitude :)

Back