Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got one saw running that I thought needed more work. Also got one of my 3 little homie top handles running but it needs a duckbill valve (as do the other two). Found my supply of duckbill valves too. Pretty good day as far as saw repairs go.

Can you share the supplier ? I may need one for my homie

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

LMFAO!!!

So my truck never made it out by itself. I had to dump all the wood in the middle of my woods and my neighbor had rented a bobcat this weekend so he pulled me out.

I was sitting on my porch eating dinner with my family and could hear him in my woods. I figured he was just playing around.

Now the bobcat is stuck because he was trying to be a nice guy and fix the ruts on my path from when my truck got stuck[emoji847]

[emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This is so hilarious [emoji1787]

An adventure for tomorrow.

476dab25f6c14720de375f3a3438d0b5.jpg
00ca5b4d2e50b659e673208186e4894a.jpg

Now that’s stuck!

When they loggers punched the road behind my cabin in the 90’s they sunk a big backhoe up to the cab. A big skidder did pull them out though.

Oh Valleyfirewood? He’s still here as user “choppy choppy”.
Well dang, now that I'm 63 , think I'll change my name to Sam. I was starting to worry. I went back to page 1 of scrounging and got to 200. I'm glad you remembered or I'd still be going one page at a time.

Now that’s stuck!

When they loggers punched the road behind my cabin in the 90’s they sunk a big backhoe up to the cab. A big skidder did pull them out though.

Gives me hope!

That sounds interesting to say the least...[emoji23]

Who continues to try until you reach cab depth. That plane stupid.

Well........[emoji57]

Load number two did not go quite as well as load number one.

No I’m unloading everything I have in the middle of the woods just to get unstuck

Here I am swallowing my words about what I said with my truck being a tank[emoji23]

1bc2b26f5add52a39979f356ef73e6ef.jpg

LMFAO!!!

So my truck never made it out by itself. I had to dump all the wood in the middle of my woods and my neighbor had rented a bobcat this weekend so he pulled me out.

I was sitting on my porch eating dinner with my family and could hear him in my woods. I figured he was just playing around.

Now the bobcat is stuck because he was trying to be a nice guy and fix the ruts on my path from when my truck got stuck[emoji847]

[emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This is so hilarious [emoji1787]

An adventure for tomorrow.

476dab25f6c14720de375f3a3438d0b5.jpg
00ca5b4d2e50b659e673208186e4894a.jpg

Yeah that's gonna take a big winch and a lot of cable!

Yeah that's gonna take a big winch and a lot of cable!

Unfortunately i am skeptical that we will get it out. That is the low spot. My truck is the heaviest out of the 2 and i have mud tires. (Neighbor has a tundra with mild “a/t’s). I think my truck on higher ground is the best chance. But i will be pulling UP HILL[emoji53].

U&A, is there any betting allowed? I'm betting you ain't moving that with a truck. That track machine is a boat anchor now. That bush looks like the one I'm logging in, as soon as you cut thru the thin layer of roots down down you go. Only way to get it out now is to be able to lift it up and then out. Maybe use the loader and down pressure to keep putting wood or planks under the tracks. Track machines are tough to get un stuck.

U&A, is there any betting allowed? I'm betting you ain't moving that with a truck. That track machine is a boat anchor now. That bush looks like the one I'm logging in, as soon as you cut thru the thin layer of roots down down you go. Only way to get it out now is to be able to lift it up and then out. Maybe use the loader and down pressure to keep putting wood or planks under the tracks. Track machines are tough to get un stuck.

We have no loaders.

That is the Nehbor’s rental. And a loader wont fit down there.

This is a pickle

Reminds me of some fun. Just glad there are no pictures to prove it happened... Just the receipt from the cat and flat deck it took to recover. Then a used Allison transmission cause I thought I could get out! Terra Gators don't really float on mud inspite of them big arsed tires!
Unfortunately i am skeptical that we will get it out. That is the low spot. My truck is the heaviest out of the 2 and i have mud tires. (Neighbor has a tundra with mild “a/t’s). I think my truck on higher ground is the best chance. But i will be pulling UP HILL[emoji53].

My truck is all loaded to go to the NY GTG tomorrow!

I dread the first time I will have to drive it up to my cabin, the paint is so nice, but that is what I got it for!
Mike there I guy I work with who has a reputation for talking a pair of secateures when he goes mountain biking.
You may want to just bite the bullet and widen the track for the sake of your paint job.

Back