Help with saw ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerryv88

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I would appreciate it if some of the experts here could look at these pictures and tell me what model saw this is. I thought it might be a Pioneer because of the name on the bar, but all the similar pictures I have found show that name in the castings too. This one just has the OMC name on the s/n tag. My brother dropped it off a while back and I am trying to decide what to do with it. Seems to have really good compression, but I haven't tried to make it run.

Thanks
Jerry
IMG_3138 800.jpg IMG_3139 800.jpg IMG_3140 800.jpg

Vote for 650 equivalent [emoji106]
Mine.
5e37d4e1a1fd6f22b8085b00efc3f6e1.jpg

Erik

If you go to Chainsawcollectors corner you will get all the info you require. Look under chainsaws Pioneer it will show all the saws built by omc.IEL Canada was the original owners their models are shown under IEL.
Kash

Thank you!

I looked at the collectors corner as Kash suggested and the 650 they have pictured is exactly it. I see they were made from 1964 to 1976. I would have guessed it was a little older than that. At 16:1 they must make a lot of smoke. I will have to mix a little if I try to start it. Don't have anything else that uses that much oil.

Jerry

Back