What bar do I have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdcongdon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Its an Oregon. Stamped:

Oregon VY
188ZZZK095

I can’t find that number anywhere

K095 is the code for husky small mount... that’s all I can tell you now, but I’ll see what I can find out

It was on a 262XP. Bar is burnt up pretty good. Has a 3/8 on the tip. Sprocket tip. 18” bar?

Or what bar should I pick up for that saw?

The spring or stainless ring inside the brake is broken. Where could I get one of those?

Thx

I’ll have to take another look. Must not have ever had a replaceable nosed bar. I’m 59. Used a lot of saws. Didn’t know you could replace a nose on a bar.

Any thoughts on the brake band deal? It doesn’t get tight when you set the handle

I have a 20” SugiHara 3/8 pitch .050 guage on my 262xp. It pulls it just fine.

46FF1690-F277-4C66-A40E-BBA138E43EEB.jpeg

Lots of bars have replaceable tips... just buy a new tip, drill out the rivets, and replace.

070FAEC3-1EBA-4E45-95E0-FD1E0E00FBB0.jpeg

Any thoughts on the brake band deal? It doesn’t get tight when you set the handle
Is it broken, or missing parts?? They don’t usually wear out to where they won’t grab any more...

Do a google search for the IPL (illustrated parts list) and look at the picture to see if everything looks right. If you need parts, find the part number, or just go to your local Husqvarna dealer and ask for parts.

That eBay one will fit a 262xp? I ordered it

Does it look like the one on your saw? If I remember correctly there were two brake handle styles on the older Husqvarna saws, metal loop type and plastic flag type, they each took a different style brake band. Look yours over carefully and compare. One type was a cross over kind that made a circle and crossed over itself and another that did not quite make a full closed circle, more like a loop that did not close, they have differing anchoring hooks and pins. We don`t have a picture of your brake /clutch cover to compare.

Latest posts

Back