Does anyone sell firewood as “sustainable” or use some other green buzz wording?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone sell any firewood cut exclusively from dead trees as some sort of sustainable, or wood that died of natural causes or anything? There has to be some sort of market for the “nature minded” type person willing to pay a premium for firewood that “harmed no living trees” or something.

I may even axe cut one for like $2000 but my co2 emissions may exceed the dang chainsaw.

But seriously is there a market here to tap?

Does anyone sell any firewood cut exclusively from dead trees as some sort of sustainable, or wood that died of natural causes or anything? There has to be some sort of market for the “nature minded” type person willing to pay a premium for firewood that “harmed no living trees” or something.

I may even axe cut one for like $2000 but my co2 emissions may exceed the dang chainsaw.

But seriously is there a market here to tap?

Have you ever processed a tree with only an axe before?

You monster! Don't to you even realize that by selling dead trees you are comitting ecocide??!?? You're depriving insects and fungi of their food scource and habitat!!! What about the birds that feed on the insects?!! Dead trees are a key part of the ecosystem!! And to think you want to profit by selling them, and not only that, but to try and make it sound ecological??!?!! It beggers belief...how can you even sleep at night???????

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez likes this post.
Maybe she has some cash to pay me for some green new deal wood?
I’ll buy an electric saw, and charge it with a solar panel and cut her one for $650 if she picks it up. I’d haul it to town with a horse and buggy for $1250.
I’ll cut one with a green chainsaw (poulan 3400) for $175 though.
Full service Menu with options for folks with all levels of brain development.

I saw that thread! I’ve thought about it, but really don’t have time to mess around.

as tha
I'm confused, if you don't have time to process one for the cord wood challenge, then where do you find time to process one to sell? Knowing me, I'd get it all backwards and sell my cord wood challenge pile and keep the for sale pile and really mess things up.

I'm confused, if you don't have time to process one for the cord wood challenge, then where do you find time to process one to sell? Knowing me, I'd get it all backwards and sell my cord wood challenge pile and keep the for sale pile and really mess things up.
I have time if someone is paying, otherwise no time for anything but a few honeydo and church projects here and there.

Heck, who has time to do anything? If a project takes me 6 months to do, then it takes me six months. I guess what it really comes down to is we do what is important to us, what matters or what makes us happy. Everything else is plainly work.

I live in the country so it wouldn't make much of a difference but I can see it gaining a few sales in the populous areas.

for the people are that worried about "sustainable" "organic" and all the other green bullcrap they probably won't be burning anything and creating smoke. best marketing is terms like 'dry' 'premium hardwood' 'ready to burn' and best not to mention the species Ash.

maybe you could say super dry for a cleaner, lower smoke fire. I just don't think anyone associate's burning wood as being green.

Back