Has anyone found auto tune fuel controls gummed up yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has found an auto tune fuel component on a carb gummed up and cleaned it. And if that actually worked?
It’s gonna happen sometime, just wondering if it already has and how someone went about cleaning it properly?

Good question, I have wondered the same thing, myself, from time to time. I run aspen or motomix through my gear before prolonged storage, to flush the petrol/gasoline out of the system, and have not had any problems.

It seems robust, just really wanted to know of anyone replacing this part due to it being worn out or clogged.

The carb is still just a carb with a solenoid replacing the needles. The solenoids are not serviceable.
I was asking if the solenoids can be cleaned, more accurately if anyone has come across where they are a culprit and if they have needed to be replaced.

They get dirty from poor maintenance to the fuel filter. The failure symptom is the saw won’t continue to run on the start position. Which it should because it’s the reset mode.
Also it won’t idle. There have been problems. Most should be covered by the two year emissions
warranty.
I’ve replaced many in 362’s and 201t’s. If the fuel filter is dirty, they pay no matter how much they whine.
If the filter is somewhat clean, and not new, I’ll try my best to get a warranty push through.
Zero problems on the other CM models.
If someone is so neglectful, as to leave fuel in the saw during long term service, that’s not, in no
way warranty.

They get dirty from poor maintenance to the fuel filter. The failure symptom is the saw won’t continue to run on the start position. Which it should because it’s the reset mode.
Also it won’t idle. There have been problems. Most should be covered by the two year emissions
warranty.
I’ve replaced many in 362’s and 201t’s. If the fuel filter is dirty, they pay no matter how much they whine.
If the filter is somewhat clean, and not new, I’ll try my best to get a warranty push through.
Zero problems on the other CM models.
If someone is so neglectful, as to leave fuel in the saw during long term service, that’s not, in no
way warranty.

Awesome info thank you!!! What do you mean the start position is the reset mode?

Thanks for your input

Awesome info thank you!!! What do you mean the start position is the reset mode?

Thanks for your input

Its like a "Reboot". It brings the software back to original settings. You let in run in the start position for about 1 - 2 min. Then shut it off immediately without touching the throttle trigger.
Restart, then make 5 cuts. Ready to eat Husky's without even breaking a sweat.

Huh there are videos of the saw being used at half throttle in wood for 90 seconds claiming it reboots it... your way seems to make much more sense. Is it one minute or two?

Huh there are videos of the saw being used at half throttle in wood for 90 seconds claiming it reboots it... your way seems to make much more sense. Is it one minute or two?

It’s the way Stihl tells it’s dealers to do it. Or a least those who listen. I never ever heard of 1/2 throttle.
And the run time, as per Stihl, is 60 to 90 seconds.
The shut down after the run time is critical. It must be shut off with absolutely no
addition RPMs.

Its like a "Reboot". It brings the software back to original settings. You let in run in the start position for about 1 - 2 min. Then shut it off immediately without touching the throttle trigger.
Restart, then make 5 cuts. Ready to eat Husky's without even breaking a sweat.

Later generation Mtronics tune a little differently. Read the latest off the press instruction manual.

This video covers the older and latest M-Tronic reset/calibration processes. It's pretty straightforward.

Charles

Latest posts

Back