Homelite Super 2...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope! I was given one a few years ago and waited till this year to fix it cause of the trouble it was to get apart! Good running lil saw though!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yep,,, it runs good,,, but it ain't easy to work on.... This one is my buddys,,, I went thru it for him when he got it, probably 10years ago,,, Here never used it much, let it sit and said it wouldn't start....I had it here a couple years and decided i needed something to do this afternoon... Got it opened up finally, and found the oil lines were swelled up and falling off the engine end,,, figured a bad vacuum leak... New hoses and fired right up... I glad, that was it, didn't want to take it apart again!!!!

My first one was a real pain. :mad: I remember thinking about how ridiculous it was to work on. :nofunny: But after going through a couple more of them and realizing that separating the engine from the cradle is the key...then it became much easier and now I don't have a problem with them anymore. Just had to get through the learning curve first!!!:D

Thanks for the replys!!! I remembered hating to work on it when he got it years ago !!! Must have really been bored to work on it yesterday!!!! Glad it worked out,, I'll keep it here and run it occasionally,,, no need for him to sit it in the shed and complain it won't run next time,,, if he ever tries it!!!!
This one has H-L jets, but the idle screw doesn't do much, seems the lever is bent a little too much away from the screw hole so the taper doesn't move it much... I;ll fix that next time its open!!!!! maybe put a 12" or so bar and use it for shrub trimmin... 16 is the shortest I have tho,,, maybe I can borrow one off an electric saw carcass? we'll see... Thanks for the manual...

I have three of them that all need new lines and/or duckbill valve. Figured I would just sit at the picnic table some nice afternoon and bang them out in a row.

What dimension oil line is needed? Figured I would pick up several feet before I got started in the endeavor.

I redid a couple of those top handle Poulans a couple of years ago. I remember there were two sizes that were close. One was just a little too lose and the other one was tight but worked better.

I just tripped over this reply, seems email alerts aren't working yet??
Shop down the street sells Stihl and Echo,,, IIRC an Echo line fits the small Poulans...

Latest posts

Back